About the job
PORTICO is a professional services company that operates internationally and based in the United Kingdom and the United States. We have provided strategic projects, programs and change management services of large international clients across numerous vectors. We also offer solutions for small to medium-sized companies who are the backbone of economies worldwide.
PORTICO's culture is agile, fast-paced and ideal for individuals with a "can-do" attitude who wished to experience exponential growth, seeks steady employment and international experience in an enabling environment that supports growth.
Do not apply if any of the following are true as it is not a fit.
- You have a propensity to cut corners
- You have a poor track record of finishing things
- Your experience leans more on theoretical than the practical
- You have fixed opinions about how things need to be done
- You are inflexible and
- You like to be taught things rather than being self-taught
Please apply if the following is true because you will love it here!
- You are a driven high energy person that is keen to grow, doesn't mind operating out of their comfort zone and like to be surrounded by like-mined people.
- You take pride in your work and are delivery focused
- You are a start/finisher, visionary/doer; basically a unicorn.
- You are flexible, dynamic and can wear multiple hats
- You are a self-starter and take responsibility for your growth and learning
We recruit energy, attitude, aptitude and integrity. The rest can be learned. Our hiring process is vigorous and competency based, allowing us to scrutinise candidates in detail. Your critical thinking and practical skills will be tested. We want the best and are unapologetic about it. If this resonates, then please apply!
Applicants MUST be in based in the stated location or must be relocating to the stated location
We are in need of an experienced Web 3 Community and Events Manager for the African region. You will be key in managing our official social media channels and communities (Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook and Discord and more!). We’re looking for an energetic, self-starter to curate conversations around the topic, create relatable content, memes, and craft frequent posts to grow and engage our followers. We are looking for someone who lives and breathes current affairs in Africa, Web 3, the Metaverse, DeFi, NFTs, crypto and marketing.
- Launch, manage and grow our Social Media channels
- Build partnerships with local institutions and organisations
- Build and engage with our local communities via one-on-one/one-to-many conversations
- Produce high quality, engaging, original content
- Moderate social media and rooms on audio platforms, such as Twitter Spaces/Clubhouse
- and Youtube and TikTok to increase engagement
- Be the eye/ears on the ground. Share knowledge of local communities, new and trends
- Explore new other communities to explore collaborative opportunities and partnerships
- Manage and expand the African program through recruitment and relationship building
- Assist in the organisation of both online and offline events and meet-ups
- Share market feedback and user suggestions with relevant functional teams
- A fast learner with a can-do attitude and a penchant for self-learning and project delivery
- We are looking for someone with tenacity, flexible, teachable and with a can-do attitude
- Fast internet 50 Mbps+ and quiet working environment
- Minimum 2 years of proven community management experience/strong social media skills
- Digital Marketing and familiarity with SemRush
- Moderation experience on Twitter Spaces/Clubhouse
- Experience in launching community initiatives (e.g. building an online forum, starting an
- ambassador program, creating an event series)
- Familiarity with Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube, Facebook, Telegram and Discord
- A strategic thinker with the motivation and drive to own and execute initiatives
- Able to work independently and collaborate with remote team members
- High levels of professionalism and emotional intelligence
- Strong understanding of cryptocurrency/blockchain-related terminologies and trends, and a strong interest in crypto culture are a plus
- Must be a fluent English speaker
- Full-time 40-45 hrs per week/remote/flexible working conditions
- Competitive salary
- Work with highly talented and international colleagues
- Be a part of the exciting future of the Web 3, Metaverse, crypto-currency revolution