About the job
Financial Accountant (m/f/d). Remote.
Who we are:
We're an ambitious team of researchers, builders, and entrepreneurs with many years of experience in the crypto space and are passionate about digital assets. With a new product roadmap, we are adding several new products to our portfolio, beyond on-chain data - we are becoming a more comprehensive go-to crypto platform for various needs.
Glassnode is a leading market intelligence platform for on-chain and derivatives data. We offer the most comprehensive library of advanced on-chain metrics and insights for Bitcoin, Ethereum and hundreds of other digital assets, bringing data intelligence to the blockchain and cryptocurrency space.
With an emphasis on user-centric interfaces, we aim to deliver intelligible, actionable, and unique insights from blockchain data and beyond, helping investors make educated decisions in an overly emotional and irrational market, and equipping blockchain teams with valuable insights on their projects and tokens.
About the role:
Support a growing company as a key Finance team member and deliver an accurate recording of accounting information, maintain controls and build a highly automated, no-nonsense tech stack.
Together with the team, you will support business growth through process improvements, assess financial implications from various strategic decisions and provide financial insights to stakeholders. You can be located anywhere in the GMT or CET time zone, as our work is 100% online. The position is full-time.
What will you do:
- Design and implement key processes working closely with internal stakeholders and the Head of Finance
- Manage invoices and accounts receivable across teams
- Ensure all invoices are processed in a timely, accurate manner, deal with queries from suppliers, manage reconciliation and controls over purchasing cards
- Assist in month-end closing entries and review, and reconciliation process for all company accounts
- Assist with the preparation of all reporting, including internal management information, investor reporting and annual financial statements, tax returns, and fundraising materials
- Prepare bank payments and assist in treasury management
- Prepare capitalization schedules, including fixed assets and IP calculations
- Be involved in a range of ad-hoc projects and other financial matters as and when required by the Head of Finance
- Experience in SaaS, preferably in a start-up or fintech
- Excellent analytical skills and great attention to detail
- Resourceful and innovative with a “can-do” creative attitude
- Ability to use the tools we have, recommend others and hack the stack we already use to get the most out of them
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- 3+ years of experience
- Part-qualified or qualified accountant (CPA or ACA)
- An audit background is a plus
- Experience with accounting software, preferably NetSuite
- Intermediate Excel skills
- Experience with German or Swiss financial reporting and tax administration is a plus
What we offer:
- Flexibility to organize your work and hours the way you like, our remote-first setup enables this for everyone
- Join a young, self-funded, and already profitable company in a future-proof market
- Freedom to own your decisions and experiment, we need driven experts who help us figure out what to do, not for us to point at what needs to be done
- Be one of the main contributors to building a company with its unique culture in the cutting-edge tech space
- No approval loops or unnecessary processes, quick decision-making and full ownership of your function
- We are working on a kick-ass, meaningful benefits package, something truly useful and empowering - you will help us figure out what we'd need to stand out as the workplace of the future, we are open to any ideas
- Frequent company offsites, we love remote but love to have fun together too - this year we went to Lisbon for a week, we're also going to Mallorca for our Xmas party and more adventures are coming
Glassnode is an equal-opportunity employer. We respect and empower each individual who joins us. Glassnode commits to a transparent, inclusive, non-discriminatory recruitment process and employment.