Compliance is looking for a Models and Systems Program Manager to join our rapidly growing team. You will be responsible for management and oversight of Compliance models and systems including for transaction monitoring, blockchain analytics, and sanctions screening. Specifically, your responsibilities will include developing governance in support of our systems and models (eg. model validation processes, tuning procedures, end to end and pre/post implementation testing requirements), as well as executing these processes, which includes ongoing validation and testing for existing systems to ensure that they are appropriately tuned and fit for purposes
This role works closely with a variety of stakeholders across the company, including within Compliance, Internal Audit, Research and Analytics, and Product.
This is a new position that will help build out the systems and tooling processes, and continue to drive the Compliance Program forward while supporting ongoing growth within Paxos.
Paxos ison a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As the Models and Systems Program Manager you’ll get to:
- Develop and oversee governance for AML and sanctions systems and models
- Maintain efficiency of AML models using scenario tuning, peer grouping, and ATL/BTL sampling
- Manage and conduct validation of Transaction Monitoring and Sanctions screening models
- Partner with product and engineering teams in support of on-going activities for various AML TM related projects.
- Assess current and future state of policies and procedures to promote continuous improvement.
- Tune & optimize AML and sanctions models using quantitative and qualitative techniques
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in model risk management, AML and sanctions system oversight, ATL/BTL testing and tuning
- Subject matter expertise in transaction monitoring and sanctions screening processes
- Proven track record of driving initiatives in a cross-functional setting
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and passion for solving problems
You might also have:
- Experience working in the crypto industry from a Compliance, Regulatory, and / or Risk Management perspective
- A clear understanding of the trends within the crypto / blockchain industry and regulatory landscape
- Management experience, and experience building teams and sub-functions
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.