OpenZeppelin is a leading cybersecurity company that provides security products to build, automate, and operate decentralized applications.
With a mission to protect the open economy, our team created the most popular open source library for smart contract development with over 4 million downloads. Our unique expertise subsequently allowed us to uncover major security vulnerabilities for the Ethereum Foundation, MakerDAO, and Facebook’s Libra, and conduct security audits for many top blockchain companies including Coinbase, Brave, Compound, Aave, and Augur.
Building on this experience, we recently launched a platform to help teams automate their Ethereum operations and securely ship products faster: OpenZeppelin Defender.
With the success of our products, security audit work, and open source educational efforts, we are setting industry standards for building secure systems in a fast-growing industry that is creating an open financial system for the world.
About this role
The mission for this role is to lead, define and manage the product strategy and roadmap to drive demand and usage adoption for Forta, a decentralized protocol incubated by OpenZeppelin.
As the Product Manager, you are responsible for both product planning and product marketing, including defining the product vision, gathering and prioritizing product and user requirements, and working closely with the core dev team to deliver winning products. It also includes working with sales and marketing to ensure revenue and customer satisfaction goals are met.
The ideal candidate is passionate about helping blockchain projects and developers have a great experience across all aspects of their user journey, from establishing new relationships to fostering deeper ties with the existing Forta Protocol customer/partner community. You will focus on engaging and supporting the blockchain development community and partnering with them throughout their customer journey.
What you’ll be doing
- Set Forta’s product strategy, roadmap, and budget, aligned to Forta’s strategy. Establish KPIs and track performance to ensure plans are delivering expected business outcomes.
- Coordinate and track platform developments across multiple teams, and ensure that there are appropriate technical specifications for the core dev team to create new features and maintain internal documentation of product releases.
- Understand Forta stakeholders needs (end users, agent developers and node runners) and community interests. Gather requirements, prioritize them, and communicate them to Core devs, Marketing, and Finance teams.
- Monitor the crypto security landscape, identify and fill product gaps, and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Work with designers to craft a delightful user experience across the whole Forta ecosystem of products
- Work with the internal team and the community to design product economics and overall network business model.
- Work closely with industry experts to ensure effective thought leadership and ongoing relevance in the market.
- Test and iterate on product messaging and positioning that conveys the key benefits of the project to prospective users
- Partner with marketing, core dev and community teams to create and deliver engaging workshops and webinars complementing the project’s strategy
Ideally, you have
- Minimum 3-5 years of technical product management experience with security or other IT focus or a combination of technical and marketing experience
- Technical knowledge of DeFi and the Ethereum ecosystem, additional knowledge outside the Ethereum space is also preferred
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively across teams to successfully launch new products and features bring products to market
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Ability to convey complex technical topics into easy to understand materials
- Strong personal organizational skills and a love for self-time management.
- Superb organization and project management skills. Ability to work on and manage multiple complex projects with multiple stakeholders, at once.
- A startup mentality with a bias to action and the ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion and/or experience with open-source or cybersecurity or similar highly technical industry.
Medical Insurance: Top quality insurance options for you.
Paid leave for new parents.
Team Events: Company retreats in different locations around the world.
Monthly allowance for wellness activities.
Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice.
Training: Technical training, spoken language lessons in any language of your choice.