What we do and where we work is one of life’s most important decisions.
At Job Protocol, we’re building the future of hiring by laying the Web3 rails to connect talent and opportunity more efficiently, creating a global job market that is more fair & meritocratic.
Job Protocol is a decentralized recruitment network that allows companies to hire faster and cheaper. We let companies list their open roles with a recruitment bounty on the blockchain, incentivizing their community and our ecosystem of talent partners - freelance recruiters, agencies, communities, job boards, HR tech businesses, publications… - to help attract top talent.
We believe that by enforcing the right incentives, we can make recruiting much more efficient. E.g. candidates only apply to jobs they’re really interested in, referrers only refer candidates to jobs that fit well, and companies run efficient interviewing processes. Our goal is to encode these incentives using blockchain and smart contract technology, to build a fair & transparent protocol that can serve as the infrastructure layer for a thriving recruiting industry.
We currently focus on the web3 industry, where we are already working for some of the strongest brands like Binance, Gnosis, Superfluid, CoW Protocol, Kleros and many more. In only a few weeks, we’ve placed 12 people and received thousands of applications.
We recently raised a 1.5m USD by Tioga Capital, Portal Ventures and some amazing angel investors, and are looking to expand our team to become the standard for matching talent and opportunity.
About the role
You’ll be the first full time software developer on the team, building out the product together with our technical co-founder, Boris. You’ll be responsible for the full life-cycle of new features: speccing, discussing, implementing, testing, releasing and maintaining. We’re looking for someone that is pragmatic, takes initiative and combines technical prowess and product intuition to go from vague specs to a minimal but satisfactory implementation in no-time, often involving some design work and user interaction.
Your work will involve mostly full-stack (web) work, but is likely to branch out into web3 technology (smart contracts) and/or ML / AI and data science.
Our tech stack is TypeScript based and relies on no-code tools wherever it makes sense. We’re very keen to adopt new technologies when they’re the best fit for the job.
Some of the things you’ll be working on:
- Building new features in our front- and backend to improve our product for candidates, recruiters and clients
- Automate candidate follow-up through Slack, Emails and Applicant Tracking Systems (ATSes)
- Help research, plan and implement the best way to gradually decentralize the Job Protocol platform into a set of autonomous and permissionless smart contracts
- Help our operation team by automating as much of the candidate-review process as possible (probably involving ML)
- Build out our data infrastructure and dashboards
- You live in Europe or the UK
- You're looking for a full time role (no freelancing or part time contracts)
- 3y experience as a full stack developer at a tech company, preferably a fast growing startup
- You have a CS degree
- You have a track record that shows passion for software development and experimenting with new technologies
- You have experience with React / Next, NodeJS and SQL (Postgress)
- You combine technical prowess and a product intuition. You can go from vague specs to a minimal implementation that looks good in no-time.
- You take pride in your pragmatism: you care more about getting things done than the specific technologies to use.
- You’re interested in Web3, you’ve played around with the technology or made some token investments
What we offer
- Challenging work experience building the future of the recruitment industry
- Fast-learning environment, entrepreneurial and strong team spirit
- Competitive package (incl. equity + tokens)
- Full remote friendly
- Team get-togethers every 3 months
- 20 holidays + official (local) public holidays
This role is a high priority for us, so we’re set to run a very efficient and quick process (<2 weeks).
- Cultural fit interview with one of the founders
- Technical fit interview (2h)
- Interview with the other co-founder
- Reference checks