About the job
Bitwage is the leading provider of Cryptocurrency powered payroll, invoicing & benefits. We have paid out over $150M in transactions to over 50,000 registered users in 100 different countries. Bitwage solutions help two main use cases, HR benefits and salaries to international workers. Our HR benefits make it easy for companies to offer workers part of their salaries in Bitcoin and other cryptocurrency. Our international wage services help companies pay workers globally in Bitcoin, stablecoins or directly into their bank accounts faster, cheaper and more efficiently that traditional bank wires. Both use cases can be serviced directly to the workers themselves.
We are excited to be expanding our development team and are looking for an individual to help strengthen and enhance our React-based frontend client and Python-based backend API. The ideal candidate is a current fullstack developer/engineer with frontend emphasis. The candidate should be familiar with REST-API's/web-applications. Your primary responsibility would be developing our React client.
- Assists in product implementation & execution of Bitwage Client (React).
- Delivers well-documented and well-tested code.
- Interfaces with 3rd-party vendors and internal engineering/product team.
- Works alongside outsourced developers during feature implementing and bug fixing.
- Reports to API Product Manager.
Possible Other Responsibilities
- Assists in product implementation & execution of Bitwage API (Python).
- 2+ years experience with Python, React
- Experience with Python API frameworks (Flask, Django, FastAPI, etc...)
- Must be available during North American timezone
- Self-learner, highly motivated, and not afraid to ask questions
Nice To Haves (not required):
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology
- Payroll and/or cryptocurrency industry experience
- 100% remote company, for now and always.
- Can be paid in fiat, cryptocurrency, or both.
- Healthcare benefits (if USA-based)
- Ability to join an early stage company within the rapidly growing cryptocurrency industry and take part in shaping the company’s growth.