About the jobCollectibles.com (Collectbase Inc.) is building the world’s first Web3 marketplace and community for collectors, integrating blockchain technology which includes a decentralized Collectibles Protocol and tokenization.
We are a venture-backed, US-based company with offices in Germany, and funded by leading Web3 and marketplace investors & advisors.
By offering a powerful asset management system, Collectibles.com will help collectors manage, dynamically value and trade their physical and digital items — with transparent data, fair fees and more trusted transactions. Powered by the most comprehensive data, aligned incentives, and a more efficient market, Collectibles.com will deliver a superior solution and user experience.
As an early-stage startup with huge ambitions, we’re currently a small team of experienced entrepreneurs and passionate collectors working to build a new category-defining business and leading destination.
In growing our team, we’re looking selectively for exceptionally talented, fellow travelers, builders who share our desire to innovate and establish a better solution.
One of the biggest potential for disruption exists in the collectors experience, which has remained unchanged for decades. Currently valued at over $410 billion and with a 6% annual growth rate, the collectibles industry, is anticipated to reach nearly $500 billion in 2027.
Even beating the S&P, collectibles are becoming a more widely recognized alternative financial asset on a worldwide scale.
We are looking for a technical leader who can help make the Collectibles.com vision a reality. This will be a hands-on role that will involve technical planning and strategy, architectural decision-making, research and coding.
As a Head of Engineering joining the Collectibles.com team, you will bring a passion for creating and delivering highly engaging, high-quality applications with the potential to reach millions of collectors through the Collectibles.com brand. You will join a team of other engineers to architect, plan, and implement web interfaces and cloud functions for our mobile and desktop applications.
You will oversee a growing team of engineers and take a leadership role in shaping the team and the architecture of our platform as the company scales.
This position will be fully Remote. As a remote-first company, we're focused on providing opportunities for autonomous individuals to have high levels of impact at the forefront of the collectibles space.
- Build and execute on a roadmap and strategy that establishes Collectibles.com as a leading community and marketplace for physical collectibles, working alongside design and product counterparts
- Planning and development of the first collectible's protocol
- Thoroughly understand the technical context in which we are operating - both the blockchain infrastructure we are building upon and the general development stack to delight our collectors a great community driven marketplace experience
- Be accountable for optimizing and solidifying performance, security and stability throughout our codebase and its many dependencies, and support your colleagues in doing the same
- Manage the full employee lifecycle from recruiting, interviewing, onboarding, and management
- Get your hands dirty and work across all phases of the software development lifecycle
- Proactively contribute to team discussions about technical issues, sprint and roadmap planning, and improving team processes
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in developing web apps and shipping user-facing features
- 1 + years of programming experience in any of the following: Solidity, Solana, Web3.js, Ethereum+ ethers.js,
- Knowledge of blockchain management and Web3 protocols
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in frontend and backend architecture, including performance, security and usability
- You write high quality, well tested code to meet the needs of our collectors
- Database expertise to including knowing what database to use for a use case and database scaling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and a bias toward open, transparent cultural practices
- Excellent skills of mentoring, maturity, dealing with conflict and communication
- Self-starter who easily finds areas to contribute and add value in a remote environment
- Hustle, enthusiasm, heart and a love of shipping code and fixing bugs to your work
- You have commerce or marketplace experience
- Excitement for the collectibles space
- Has experience in an early startup phase
- Familiarity with Google Cloud Platform
- Ruby on Rails or Python
- ReactJs, Next.js, Redux, Saga, Node.js, Redis
- PostgreSQL, MongoDB, Redis
- Containerization technologies such as Docker
- AWS or Google Cloud Services
- Competitive Salary + Equity Package
- Monthly stipends for medical/dental/vision coverage
- Holiday Pay: All regular, full-time employees are eligible for paid holidays
- Flexible Schedule: We provide a working environment where you're in charge of your time and schedule.
- Fully remote culture: Work from home (or wherever!)
- Learning budget — Buy courses and books
- Hardware — Whatever you need to get things done
- A fast-paced environment: Where you can help shape the culture