About the job
Head of Engineering
Location: Fully Remote in Germany/EU
Job type: full-time Permanent position
Start date: ASAP
My client is an emerging personal finance platform rewarding positive behaviour through win-win incentives and their mission is to reward the next generation for developing healthy financial habits while also enabling the chance of winning significant wealth each week.
They are currently looking for a Head of Engineering, willing to lead their retail-focused digital asset platform that is already operational with a functioning developer team, and a successfully tested MVP to build upon and recent pre-seed funding by top-tier VCs in the US & Asia. Once the next round of funding is secured in early 2023, my client will be looking to increase your package also.
My question to you is, do you want to help people to become financially literate in our new digital age? If yes, lets talk!
You will be the driving force of the technology behind the company and the engineering team that you will have full autonomy over. The Head of Engineering is the interface between engineering, product, and design for the front and back end that my client has already started to build and test. At the same time, the Head of Engineering still has a passion for programming and a hands-on attitude that helps guide and support other engineers to bring maximum value.
- Develop upon an existing MVP, building a consumer facing Blockchain product into a fully-fledged digital asset management platform with multiple services and revenue streams
- Apply industry best practices and design patterns to create scalable solutions and oversee cybersecurity, selecting and integrating the right technical partners/solutions
- Rapidly iterate and test by collecting customer feedback when building out new services
- Balance the trade-off between make or buy, evaluating the implementation of third-party suppliers, products, and solutions
- Lead a team of developers and coordinate recruiting efforts across engineering units to build, manage and develop a team of highly skilled individuals
- Work close together with the c-level to define and develop the business plan and long-term tech strategy & vision
- Develop a network within the relevant field of industry and community and represent the startup in external events and online media
The Klink Head of Engineering is someone who has a deep personal interest, technical knowledge and extensive experience working within financial technologies and/ or cryptocurrency platforms. You are always up to date on all the latest technologies, and above all have previous experience and learned through doing to put the best practices in scaling a product to work. We are looking for an entrepreneurial human being, pragmatic, who feels comfortable working in English in an international environment with a self-driven “Get stuff done” mindset.
Technical Skills required:
- Knowledge of the functionality of Cryptos top 10 coins such as BTC & Ethereum
- Great CI/CD experience
- Expert in blockchain space with knowledge of Web 3 Js /Ether Js and smart contracts
- Can design architecture of Blockchain applications
- Demonstrated Project management experience, ideally in the crypto space
- Working with state-of-the-art technologies in Blockchain
- Join at an executive level and be involved in decisions that shape the company’s future
- Autonomy and ownership - You’ll be completely and uniquely responsible for Engineering & Technology, and have the freedom to choose a direction, test and fail
- The opportunity build your own team and success story, disrupting an entire industry with a completely alternative when it comes to reward- and wealth-distribution across user populations
- Work 100% remotely or from Berlin. Enjoy regular team events and occasional travel across Europe
- Brand new equipment (Macbook/Laptop, headphones, etc.) as needed
- You will receive a competitive salary and as an executive and leader, you will have an entitlement to a substantial equity stake in the business and can grow into a CTO role
- Take a trip with a forming team of highly skilled individuals who will always support you on this journey