About Magic Square
Magic Square is the world's first Web3 solution to simplify Crypto, conceptualizing the beauty of an App Store with a built-in DAO mechanism to create a highly secure and accessible environment of all dApps, CeDeFi, NFTs, Games, and more in one single place. Our vision is to create a space for using crypto apps with user experience at the forefront. Our product breaks down all borders with cross-chain interoperability and streamlined interfaces.
Magic Square recently closed its 3$M Seed Round led by Binance Labs & Republic Captial and KuCoin Labs, GSR, IQ Protocol, Dao Maker, and more as Strategic Investors.
About our Team
The people behind Magic Square are first-class industry professionals, blockchain veterans, experienced software developers, and seasoned crypto enthusiasts. Our ultimate goal is to gradually influence a widespread organic shift to decentralized applications, cryptocurrencies, and Web3.0.
Working at MagicSquare is a tremendous reference for your career. You’ll join a network of entrepreneurs and technologists that extends across the global crypto ecosystem.
Diversity, equality, and inclusion play a critical role in everything we do - from how we build our products to how we build our team. Our company is still young and obviously needs to evolve, but our commitment to creating a workplace where all people are valued, respected, and encouraged to be themselves is unwavering. We actively honor people's diverse abilities, sexual orientations, ethnicities, faiths, and genders, and everyone is welcome and supported in their development at all stages of their own journey with us. We fundamentally believe that we are more successful when our fellow human beings have diverse backgrounds. That's why, regardless of visible or invisible differences, we foster a culture where everyone has an equal opportunity to reach their full potential, to be heard and valued. And yes, we may not always get everything right along the way and there is still much to do, but we are willing to listen, share, learn and do it better together.
About the Role:
Reporting to the COO, your responsibility is to lead the People & Culture department in handling the full spectrum of HR functions, with emphasis on employee engagement, performance management, recruitment & manpower planning, compensation & benefit, succession planning, employee relations & industrial relations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- People operations: own all people operations processes including performance review cycles; compensation reviews and planning; benefits administration; legal and regulatory compliance as it relates to employment, etc., and as we scale to ensure that we evolve our processes appropriately.
- Employee development and retention: develop and execute all learning and development initiatives and help drive a high-performance, high-growth mindset that focuses on career development and growth.
- Recruiting and talent acquisition: leading a team of talent acquisition specialists/managers, running our recruiting and talent acquisition activities including defining and implementing strategies to attract, hire, and retain top talent across the company with a focus on building a diverse and inclusive team.
- Cultural champion: be a champion of our culture, helping the team understand and live our core values through effective programs that promote morale while achieving our company goals.
- Trusted advisor: be the trusted advisor to the CEO and HODs, holding all managers to a high-quality standard.
- Workplace operations: oversee the building management, workplace, safety & security team to ensure that employees are provided a healthy and conducive working environment.
- Plan, develop and implement HR continuous improvement activities.
The ideal candidate - who you are and requirements:
- A bachelor’s degree in human resources, labor relations, organizational development, business or related area; relevant work experience may be a substitute
- Experience working within a growth-stage tech company with exposure to either an all-remote or hybrid environment
- A self-directed leader with an entrepreneurial spirit who proactively takes ownership and is excited to scale our team and company.
- An excellent project manager with a proven ability to design and implement people operations strategies that drive business results.
- A natural coach and mentor with an ability to foster relationships with all levels of the team, relate well with others, listen effectively, and help employees at all levels achieve their development goals.
- Effective English verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in the Google G suite
- Experience with the human resources information system (HRIS)
- Knowledge of a broad range of human resource strategies and practices, including compensation, performance management, safety, hiring, and employee relations; able to apply these strategies and practices in compliance with employment regulations
- Ability to create a culture of diversity, inclusivity, collaboration, and teamwork
- Experience with analyzing data to guide strategic employment planning
Sounds like a challenge you'd like to take on? Then apply now!
True to the motto "Take care of your employees, and they'll take care of your business", you'll find a lot of good things in working with us. For example:
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world
- A fast-paced, challenging, and one-of-a-kind business sector
- Flat company and international work environment
- Excellent opportunities for advancement in a growing organization
- Possibility of international transfers and relocation mid-career
- Competitive payment
- Flexible working hours
- Fully remote
- Optional: Work from an office in Limassol, Cyprus
If you're still hesitating because you don't think you're a 100% fit for the job, THEN APPLY ANYWAYS and we'll have a chat! Maybe you've got more potential than you think ;)
We are looking forward to getting to know you!