Kaiko is a rapidly growing fintech company in the digital assets industry with an international presence. Our mission is to bridge traditional and blockchain ecosystems by providing reliable and actionable financial data and services. We do this by empowering market participants with accurate, transparent, and actionable digital asset data to be leveraged for a range of market activities including strategy backtesting, in-depth research, valuation, analytics, and integrations.
What We Do
- We unify digital assets data feeds in financial markets across 100+ crypto spot and derivatives exchanges off-chain and on-chain defi protocols,serving as a single access point for market information.
- We provide the most granular trade,quotes and aggregated datasets in the industry
- We deliver historical and real-time,consumable and regulatory compliant data to clients through a robust platform
- We publish weekly data-driven reports and analyses read by industry professionals
- We partner with best in class institutions such as Bloomberg and Deutsche Börse
Who We Are
We’re a team of (60+) passionate individuals located in Paris, New-York, London and Singapore with a deep interest in building and innovating in the digital finance economy. We’re proud of Kaiko’s talented team and continue our commitment to international representation and diversity in the workspace.
Also, at Kaiko our values are important to us as they are the foundation of our continued success. You can read more about our company’s values along with our mission and achievements so far here
Kaiko intends to build a suite of Indices and benchmarks to serve the financial industry. Kaiko’s indices will be used either as benchmarks or reference rates, but also as internal tools for passive strategies, as well as ETFs, ETPs, Fund listing, Structured Products and Derivatives.
This business will be carried out relying on a dedicated subsidiary registered in France - Kaiko Indices - Operated by a dedicated Managing Director established in the UK. The Kaiko indices unit addresses all needs of the market when it comes to prices and benchmarks that represent value. It can be:
- Mono-asset rates to serve the valuation use cases across custodians, asset managers, any form of portfolio management
- Basket benchmark relying on to be modeled thematics and or performance of the underlying selected component
- Indices representing a passive quantitative strategy represented by a structured product
- Indices following a passive / semi passive investment strategy represented by and ETP, ETF or a fund
- Benchmarks relying on quantitative data to build up new financial metrics (yields, rates, etc).
You will be joining a fast-paced engineering team made up of people with significant experience working with terabytes of data. We believe that everybody has something to bring to the table, and therefore put collaborative effort and team-work above all else (and not just from an engineering perspective).
You will be able to work autonomously as an equally trusted member of the team, and participate in efforts such as:
- Develop and industrialize pricing models, quantitative calculation prototypes, index construction and valuation prototypes
- Integrate indices tools and libraries into the platform
- Scale indices computation services
- Improving our development workflow, continuous integration, continuous delivery and in a broader sense our team practices
- Expanding our platform’s observability through monitoring, logging, alerting and tracing
What you’ll be doing
Build and maintain our tools and framework to power our indices platform:
- Design, develop and deploy scalable and observable backend microservices
- Reflect on our storage, querying and aggregation capabilities, as well as the technologies required to meet our objectives
- Work hand-in-hand with the indices team on developing new features, addressing issues and extending the platform
- Create and maintain our index automation platform (UI + Spark)
- Proficient in Python 3 and/or Scala
- Proficient in Spark/Dataproc
- Knowledgeable about front end development and building robust and user friendly interfaces
- Knowledgeable in software development in general: code versioning, release management, testing, etc.
- Knowledge of Golang would be a plus
- Understanding of financial instruments, financial market data and derivatives pricing
- Comfortable working with massive data querying and management
- You have the utmost respect for legacy code and infrastructure, with some occasional and perfectly understandable respectful complaints
- Honest: receiving and giving feedback is very important to you
- Humble: making new errors is an essential part of your journey
- Empathetic: you feel a sense of responsibility for all the team’s endeavors rather than focus on individual contributions
- Committed: as an equally important member of the team, you want to make yourself heard while respecting everybody’s point of view
- Fluent in written and spoken English
What we offer:
- An attractive compensation package, including equity and healthcare.
- An entrepreneurial environment with a lot of autonomy and responsibilities.
- Opportunity to work with an internationally diverse team.
- The hardware of your choice to help you deliver your best work.
- Good perks (remote friendly, Swile vouchers, multiple team events and staff surprises).
Talent Acquisition Process:
- Interview with the Talent Acquisition Manager
- Meeting with the indices and engineering team (1h30)
- Cross team interviews (2-3 persons, 30m x2)
- Meeting with VP of Engineering (20m)
Interested? Write a short letter to tell us why you’d be a good fit for this opportunity and why you’d like to join Kaiko. Please send your letter, along with your CV.
As our working language is English, we would appreciate it if you send us your application and accompanying documents in English.
Diversity & Inclusion:
At Kaiko, we believe in the diversity of thought because we appreciate that this makes us stronger. Therefore, we encourage applications from everyone who can offer their unique experience to our collective achievements.