About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
We are excited to be rapidly scaling our institutional sales team and are looking for an Institutional Sales and Solutions (IRS) Manager to join Kraken’s meaningful mission based remotely in the EMEA region! The IRS team exists to create and build meaningful relationships with a portfolio of institutional clients. We primarily do this by hiring the most talented individuals on the planet, who are passionate and curious about the mainstream adoption of cryptocurrency and the technology which underpins it. And that's when you come in!
We are seeking a highly ambitious, proactive and experienced sales professional to help us continue to grow our client base, generate revenue through new business and ultimately help our clients succeed. As our IRS Manager, you will source fresh business opportunities through your personal network and other sales strategy, oversee a small portfolio of assigned key clients and develop new business from existing clients.
This is an individual contributor role that reports to a sales manager who values in-the-moment coaching, weekly one on ones as well as autonomy to allow you to own your success. This is also a brilliant opportunity for a sales driven professional who wants to shape the future of the crypto industry for our institutional clients.
What You'll Do
- Oversee the institutional sales across the EMEA geo, drive client & volume growth for the institutional Kraken product suite
- Generate, filter, and pursue client leads, respond to inbound opportunities, and assist team members in doing the same
- Work closely with high net worth individuals, crypto corporates, hedge funds and other institutions to understand their needs and how Kraken can best serve them
- Be a Kraken advocate in promoting our full product suite and company’s values to new and existing our clients
- Enhance Kraken’s reputation by taking initiative in owning the client’s request and providing the best in class client experience 7 days a week
- Partner up with other Krakenites to help drive product development, prioritization and strategy.
- Over 7 years’ experience in a crypto trading environment and/or legacy finance sales where you have a track record of driving sales and business growth
- Experience with crypto and/or legacy finance markets trading systems and knowledge of current trends facing traders/trading desks directly
- An extensive personal network in the finance industry with a focus on institutional and corporate clients (hedge funds, proprietary trading firms, banks and other asset managers)
- Passion about the cryptocurrency world and most importantly a learning attitude about new crypto-industry trends and regulations
- Ability to interface directly with a diverse range of clients, establish and nurture client relationships
- Demonstrated ability to understand complex business problems, conduct analysis, and identify well-reasoned solutions
- Based in the EMEA region and being fluent in English; fluency in a second language is a nice-to-have
Location Tagging: #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn