About the job
CoinGecko is a global leader in tracking cryptocurrency data. Operating since 2014, CoinGecko has built the world's largest cryptocurrency data platform, tracking over 10,000 tokens across more than 400 exchanges, serving over 300 million page views in more than 100 countries. We are proud to have played a major part in mainstream awareness, adoption, and education of cryptocurrency globally.
We at CoinGecko believe that cryptocurrency and blockchain will define the future of finance, bringing greater financial and economic freedom around the world. In anticipation of that future, CoinGecko is building the foundation to scale cryptocurrency market data to serve billions.
We practice transparent salaries and a level structure at CoinGecko:
- The salary for this position is RM15,179
- Learn more about our level structure at CoinGecko's Career Progression.
What you'll be doing:
- Manage IT Infrastructure: You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the IT infrastructure for CoinGecko, including networks, hardware, and software. You will also be managing and overseeing existing and new IT projects at CoinGecko.
- Security: You will manage the development, deployment, and execution of controls and defenses to ensure the security and risk mitigation of company infrastructure, which covers all systems, networks, and data. This includes implementing cybersecurity measures, conducting security audits, and managing incident response protocols.
- Develop Operational Policies: You will manage the establishment and implementation of operational policies and appropriate standards/criteria for hardware, software, email and web firewall, access verification, and encryption requirements. You will also be responsible for ensuring that the organization implements necessary controls to comply with regulations.
- Implement IT Solutions: You will implement solutions to improve the IT infrastructure of CoinGecko, such as software and hardware upgrades. Solutions should be thorough and leverage on past data, weigh-in on tradeoffs, etc.
- Troubleshooting: You will be expected to troubleshoot and resolve any hardware, software, or network issues that arise.
- Budgeting: You will be responsible for managing the IT budget and ensuring all IT solutions are cost-effective and align with the budget.
- Vendor Management: Oversee the end-to-end process of vendor acquisition which include sourcing for vendors, evaluating vendor proposals, and preparing cost-benefit analysis before giving a final recommendation.
- Strategy & Outcomes: You are responsible for setting up OKRs for your department to align with the company goals, and its achievement. Strategies should tie in business goals along with optimal performance, scalability, and functionality of the company IT infrastructure. This includes considering scalability, performance, and functionality of the IT infrastructure to support the organization's growth.
- Plugged-in: Stay up-to-date with emerging trends and technologies in IT and contribute to the continuous improvement of the team's skills.
- Team Player: Work with cross-functional teams, and hiring managers to produce impactful outcomes such as headcount goals and change management. Craft a project proposal, socialize it, get buy-in cross-functionally, and manage project milestones, timelines, and resources effectively.
- Team Growth & Engagement: You will lead, manage and oversee the performance and career growth of any direct reports in the IT department.
- Hiring: You are to be directly involved in the hiring process of your department, and contribute to IT hiring best practices.
- You are required to support any ad hoc tasks as required by the company.
What we look for in you:
- Proven track record: At least 8+ years experience in an IT profession designing operational flows, policy development, and cybersecurity in a fast-paced environment. Proven track record of implementing successful IT strategies.
- Education: Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field with strong knowledge of current IT technologies and trends.
- Knowledge: Demonstrated the ability to quickly learn new knowledge, blockchain/cryptocurrency industry and domain knowledge.
- People Skills: Proven ability to engage with both individual contributors and leaders of all levels cross-functionally in constructive and collaborative relationships. You love talking to users (our team) and external stakeholders in order to gather information for process improvement.
- Entrepreneurial: You are self-motivated, resourceful, and have an entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to succeed in a fast-paced and highly agile environment.
- Analytical & data-driven: You should be curious about data and able to tell stories using data.
- Operational excellence: You are able to frequently spot and prevent errors and have an exceptionally high bar for accuracy and quality. You also hold your team to similar standards in their work.
- Strong opinions, loosely held: You are humble in embracing better ideas from others, eager to make things better, open to challenges and possibilities.
- Project management: You can set goals, plan and manage multiple projects, including the risks, costs, time, and team members involved. You take ownership of the projects by ensuring all deliverables and targets are met within the agreed timeline.
- Leadership: Self-motivated and able to work independently with minimal to no supervision. Has a strong sense of self-leadership, curious & creative on finding ways to improve existing projects & workflows.
- Problem Solving: You demonstrate the ability to figure out solutions to hard problems with many constraints, using sound judgment to assess risks, and to lay out your argument in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Integrity: You demonstrate sound judgment and ability to handle highly sensitive and private data.
- Growth mindset: You love delving into new technologies and new ways of doing things.
- Web3 interest: You have a keen interest in blockchain, cryptocurrency, NFT, web3, and metaverse topics.
Some of the perks while at CoinGecko:
- Remote Work Flexibility: Work wherever you feel most productive.
- Flexible Working Hours: No 9-5 structure, work the hours you need to get your tasks done.
- Comprehensive Insurance Coverage: We provide life, medical, and critical illness insurance.
- Equity: You'll be entitled to virtual options, with terms and conditions.
- Transport Allowance: You will be given a monthly fixed allowance to ease the cost of travelling.
- Flexible Claim Allowance: You will be allocated a quarterly budget of RM1,800 / SGD1,200 to subsidise your meals and setup your work-from-home station.
- Learning Allowance: You will be allocated an annual budget of USD500 to help you continuously learn in the pursuit of your professional and personal development.
- Social Activity Allowance: Want to set a date to watch a movie or play futsal with your colleagues? Get it organised and we subsidize a portion of the cost.
CoinGecko is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.