The editorial department oversees all the messaging within the company — both public-facing and internal. Whether it’s the website, social media, app screens, a pitch deck, a Medium piece, a blog, or even an email, we have responsibility for Fluid’s voice and brand. We pull a lot of information together and then make it make sense.
Fluid is trying to change banking, and to make people’s money work harder for them. We’re an accessible platform that’s built for our users, whether they’re blockchain natives, or have never used a challenger bank. We’re not a crypto exchange.
It’s crucial to be able to write and think in a way that reduces complex ideas and technology to clear and concise phrases and sentences. A big part of your job is to know the company and its products inside and out, and to be able to talk about them in plain English. You’ll need to learn not only about the crypto industry, but also the details of our partners across security, compliance, payments and embedded finance. It’s also important that you are not just good with detail but that you understand why the detail is important on a case-by-case basis.
You’ll work as a Junior Editor:
Our core editorial team is based in London. As the most junior member of the team, you’ll be responsible for a mixture of writing, editing and admin. There will be three of us in total. The job is roughly a 70/30 split between things that test your mind and things that test your patience.
A typical day could see you:
- Attending multiple product meetings to keep up-to-date with product changes and tech updates within the company. You’ll be the fountain of knowledge for the London office (which includes members of other departments), and will be aware of everything that’s going on as it happens.
- Writing a blog post to update our users on a partnership with a big name in DeFi.
- Editing and proof-reading app screens in collaboration with our UI/UX designers for a new product launch.
This will suit you if:
- You’re a strong writer who thinks analogistically.
- You’ve done some tech writing and/or product writing.
- You read a lot (papers, mags, websites, fiction, non-fiction, poetry).
- You quickly absorb and digest information.
- You like knowing how things work.
- You enjoy working in a small team where collaboration is the norm.
- You can work from a small amount of information and use research and creativity to guide how you develop your writing.
- You speak English fluently, with bilingual, or multilingual language skills (preferably including French and/or German).
- You’re happy doing some administrative work.
Nice to have (but not, like, expected):
- Legal experience, or knowledge of financial regulation.
- Experience working with UI/UX designers on wording; knowing the principles behind this type of work.
- A good awareness of the crypto and fintech landscape.
The Interview Process:
Our interview process will take around 3–4 weeks, depending on the volume of applications. Initial applications will close Wednesday 30 November.
We’d ideally like to hire to start at the beginning of January 2023.
This role would be based out of our London office at 180 Strand. We are happy with hybrid working, but on a weekly basis would like a minimum of four days in-person, with one day optionally remote.
Salary is between £45,000-£50,000 dependent on experience.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin (but you need to be able to work in the UK), neurodiversity status or disability status.
Please upload a CV and short cover letter.
Listed in: Web3 Jobs, Content Web3 Jobs, Content Writer Web3 Jobs, Full Time Crypto Jobs, Junior Level Web3 Jobs, Finance Web3 Jobs.