Lead Full-Stack Engineer
Who We Are
Subspace Network is building a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain which allows developers to easily run Web3 apps at Internet scale. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and plans to launch its Network later this year. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a remote-first, globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website, view our team handbook, and read the technical whitepaper.
We are seeking a Lead Full-Stack Engineer to complement our product engineering team. Responsibilities include facilitating the engineering management process across our product application teams in addition to contributing to several user-facing apps (wallet, block explorer, CLI, desktop app), integrating with other blockchain networks and decentralized protocols, maintaining a developer SDK, and building decentralized apps that demonstrate the potential of the Subspace Network.
In this role you will:
- Collaborate directly with the Head of Product to translate our product roadmap into actionable engineering implementation plans.
- Identify the key tasks and critical path, anticipating potential roadblocks.
- Build user flows across both web and backend (React and Node).
- Integrate directly with other blockchain networks using native RPCs.
- Drive detailed project definition and cross-functional alignment.
- Design and architect backend REST and/or GraphQL APIs.
- 5+ years of experience building open-source code that is clean, maintainable, and well-tested, for production networks at scale.
- 2+ years of experience leading engineering teams in blockchain, crypto, or Web3.
- 2+ years of experience working with Typescript and Node.js.
- 2+ years of experience of experience with Ethers/Web3.js or Polkadot.js.
- 2+ years of experience working with React.js and Node.js.
- Theoretical knowledge of blockchains and distributed systems.
- Experience working with container technologies like Docker.
- A passion for decentralized, peer-to-peer systems and Web3 technologies.
- Experience with the Rust programming language.
- Familiarity with Substrate and the Polkadot ecosystem.
- Experience building developer SDKs and internal tools.
- Experience writing smart contracts in Solidity or similar language.
- Experience working with the Tauri desktop application framework.
What We Offer:
- Work remotely from anywhere in the world with a talented team of globally distributed individuals.
- A competitive salary with generous equity and token grants.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US based only).
- A unique opportunity to shape the future of the Subspace Network and play a critical role in building the world’s most scalable blockchain.
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.