Lead Software Engineer
Bitcoin Depot is seeking a Lead Software Engineer to join a fast-growing engineering team in developing new and existing Bitcoin Depot systems. In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to the design, execution, implementation and support of cloud based architecture systems, micro-services, databases, APIs, and web applications. Working closely with Senior IT leadership, IT operations, Software Engineering, QA, Project Management, and the Product team, you will be accountable for the day-to-day delivery of a software engineering team. The ideal candidate demonstrates strong leadership, assertiveness, attentiveness, compromise and excellent communication skills. This role will be expected to code by example, participate in code reviews and act as a mentor/answer-key for software engineers. Strong technical experience in software engineering, and the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment are a must for this exhilarating role.
Bitcoin Depot is the largest Bitcoin ATM Network in the world offering users the ability to buy and sell Bitcoin at thousands of BTM and BDCheckout locations.
We are proud to be an Atlanta Journal-Constitution Top Work Place for 2021 and 2022, the inc 5000, and placing on the ACG Georgia Fast 40 list for two consecutive years. Additionally, we recently announced a definitive agreement for becoming a publicly listed company.
- Lead software engineering team of 2-6 members
- Become a technical expert in your domain by diving deep into codebases, asking the right questions, and learning from others
- Bridge gaps and forge alliances between technology teams and our business partners
- Embrace change and coach others in adopting new processes, direction and technology
- Work closely with the Project Management and Product team to transform business requirements into software priorities
- Manage and maintain the SDLC and ITIL using both Agile and Scaled Agile methods and associated Code Repository Management techniques for each
- Ensure that internal IT framework policies are implemented and followed
- Support and help junior developers to grow via code reviews, architecture learning sessions, brainstorming and knowledge sharing
- Lead team in creating code components that communicate to the overall system status/health in a clean, usable, well organized manner
- Documentation of existing and new systems
- Drive to not just fix issues, but establish response plans and execute corrective actions
Requirements & Skills:
- 5+ years of experience in a Lead Software Engineer position
- 10+ years of experience as a Full Stack Engineer in cloud based environments
- AWS experience preferred; Cloud experience required
- Experience in Node.JS, React, React Native, Python, Django, REST APIs, Micro Services, Containerization, Data Visualization and Analytics tools.
- Expertise building CICD pipelines and SDLC Automation
- Deep understanding of Relational & NoSQL database systems: PostgresSQL, MongoDB, Google Datastore
- Experience in Customer First enterprises; dedication to Customer satisfaction
- Competitive Salary
- 401K Matching
- Health benefits offered with a company contribution towards premiums
- Paid wellness membership
- Revenue Sharing Plan
- Paid time off
- Quarterly company celebrations
- Advancement opportunities based on results
Bitcoin Depot provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.