Gauntlet is DeFi’s risk manager. We drive capital efficiency while maintaining economic safety for some of the largest crypto protocols with our cutting-edge simulations. Gauntlet manages risk and incentives for over $40 Billion in assets.
Gauntlet continuously publishes cutting-edge research, making us the most cited in peer reviewed articles in the DeFi industry. We’re a Series B company with 40 employees operating remote-first but primarily in New York City.
You will be leading a team of Engineers and Data Scientists to develop industry-leading products and infrastructure that will enable DeFi to achieve greater efficiency and impact.
- Build and manage a full-stack engineering team and direct the development of key services and infrastructure behind Gauntlet’s products
- Coach and mentor direct reports to reach personal and company goals
- Work in tandem with Growth, Product and Engineering teams to break down complex projects into tangible milestones
- Help drive the technical roadmap and be a steward of the engineering culture at Gauntlet
- Partner with Recruiting to grow the team (with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion)
- 5+ years of professional development experience, 1+ years of direct management experience
- Proven ability to mentor and coach junior engineers
- Ability to balance long-term thinking and planning with short-term execution on tactical goals
- High standard for engineering excellence and experience creating processes and an environment where team members can do their best work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- DeFi, crypto, or blockchain development experience (e.g. Web3, Hardhat/Truffle, Solidity, etc..)
Benefits and Perks
- Remote first - work from anywhere!
- Competitive packages with the added opportunity for incentive based compensation
- Regular in-person company retreats and cross-country “office visit” perk
- 100% paid medical, dental and vision premiums for employees
- Laptop, monitor, keyboard and mouse setup provided
- $1,000 WFH stipend upon joining
- $100 per month reimbursement for fitness-related expenses
- Monthly reimbursement for home internet, phone, and cellular data
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 100% paid parental leave of 12 weeks
- Fertility benefits
Please note at this time our hiring is reserved for potential employees who are able to work within the contiguous United States and Canada.