Company: MobileCoin (www.mobilecoin.com)
In 1994, Steve Jurvetson wrote, “bullet-proof digital cash technology, which is now emerging, can provide a protected cryptographic container for intellectual expression.” Nearly 30 years later, Steve invested in MobileCoin to help realize this vision.
Money rarely moves physically between banks. Instead, payments travel via exclusive networks of credits and debits between institutions, with each intermediary exerting control, spying on you, and taking a cut. This legacy system innovates at a snail’s pace and leaves 25% of the world’s adult population—1.7B people—out in the cold.
MobileCoin, on the other hand, is digital cash. We designed it with real people and real problems in mind. Our full stack solution enables you to send money directly in seconds, to anyone, anywhere in the world, more easily than ever. Our end-to-end encryption complies with the law and protects you from criminals and predatory corporations alike. Our product has already been integrated into Signal, a messenger app with similar attitudes towards privacy used by more than 100 million people. We also recently launched Moby, our consumer-facing payments app that lets you send money directly to anyone in seconds.
At MobileCoin, we’re building the future we want to live in, a future free of corporate gatekeeping, where you take back control of your money and your data.
Interested in joining a fast-growing Series B startup looking to change the crypto payments industry? We are a well-funded startup looking to hire a Growth Marketer with a strong background in product marketing reporting into the Chief Product Officer. The company has just over 50 employees and was valued at over $1Bn in its most recent round raised in summer 2021. We are growing quickly and looking to hire someone with an experimental mindset who has taken a company from 0 to 1.
- Create a self-sustaining and self-propagating growth machine that can take MobileCoin from 0-1, and then 1 to 1 million, and so on and so forth
- Relentlessly pursue user growth by creating a hypothesis-driven roadmap to acquire and retain new customers. Bias towards evidence-based learnings
- Work closely with product and engineering to embed viral loops within MobileCoin’s products - we love an entrepreneurial mindset
- Continuously test and refine our marketing message matrix across multiple platforms so that we’re delivering the right message at the right audience at the right time
- Measure and share results of initiatives directly tied to KPIs - no vanity metrics
- Drive quality growth by creating experiences that turn customers into advocates. We prefer flywheels over funnels so you’ll be responsible for acquiring customers who bring in more customers.
Required Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 10 years of experience hacking growth at startups
- Proven track record of taking a company from 0 to 1
- Background in product marketing and the ability to articulate our product’s value beautifully
- Self-starter who can hit the ground running and works well with others
- An upbeat teammate with a collaborative spirit who can influence and unify the team behind your initiatives
- Strong experience with analytics tools like Amplitude and Mixpanel
- Experience managing and hiring a world-class team
- Competitive Salary (based on experience)
- Annual bonus
- Blue-chip Healthcare Benefits
- Monthly Wellness, Food, Education & Tech Stipend
- 401k Matching
- Unlimited PTO
- Unique opportunity to be an early part of a fast-growing SIlicon Valley “unicorn”
Location: Our office is based in San Francisco and we’re fully remote. Work anywhere in the US.