Come change the world (for real) 🌎 ⛓️
We believe that user-ownership is going to play a big part in the future of internet commerce. It's a future where suppliers, creators, workers, & freelancers own more of the upside of the value they create & pay less to intermediaries.
The problem? Today, anyone building real-world applications with web3 tech faces unworkable blockchains with high transaction fees, arcane architectural decisions, lots of jargon, compliance headaches, and limited access to high cost developers — that's all before needing a PHD in tokenomics to make it work.
Say 👋 to Village. We’re building some of the world's most sophisticated and user-friendly L1 blockchain infra & protocols to enable founders & existing businesses to easily unlock the power of web3 technologies and use them in the real world. Making this powerful tech accessible to anyone is going to shape how people buy and sell goods and services on the internet for years to come.
Our founding team has built SaaS, crypto, eCommerce and marketplace companies, and is backed by some of the world’s top crypto & venture investors.
Come join us — we need the best builders in the world to come show us what's possible.
About the Role
You will join the Growth team and own the image and voice of the Village platform. You’ll be at the forefront of innovative web3 growth technologies (programmatic referrals, token-based incentives, NFT-based products) that will define how companies get built and grow for years to come. You will be one of the first ten employees at a mission-driven and fast-growing startup. You are ambitious and hard-working, but you (like us!) also believe in putting people first and having a huge amount of fun while you do your job 😁 .
Reporting to the Head of Growth, you’ll be working on a small growth team (3 total including you and the CEO) to build Village’s marketing strategy and engine from scratch. You’ll be working with a team that’s done this before and knows the value of investing in the entire marketing funnel, so you’ll spend less time convincing and more time building.
You are a jack of all trades across the marketing spectrum, and feel right at home in a fast paced startup culture. If something doesn’t exist yet (and most things don’t), you’re excited to build it. You are autonomous and excited about taking on big, ambiguous problem spaces. You have design skills, but you’re also deeply knowledgeable about driving traffic through paid, organic search, and building the most powerful content strategy in web3.
You believe in the power of web3 and Village’s mission to build a user-owned economy, but you also maintain a healthy skepticism of only building web3 for web3’s sake alone.
You care about more than creating a growth machine, though. You love contributing to a culture where people love to work! (❤️) As one of the first employees, you’ll be integral to the long-term culture of Village and future employees will rely on you as a role model. You’ll be empathetic, hard-working, passionate, good at giving constructive feedback and, of course, having lots of fun.
What you’ll do
- Own & execute Village's marketing strategy
- Help develop, create, and design the brand and imagery for Village
- Build and maintain Village’s website
- Help ideate and execute content ascension journeys for the various Village customer segments
- Drive traffic to the website using paid and organic channels
- Help implement the strongest content strategy in web3
- Design and build collateral
- Help establish & manage Village’s social media presence
- Build a multi-channel community around Village
- Have an inordinate amount of fun
- 5+ years experience in B2B marketing at fast growing startups
- Wide variety of marketing skills and eagerness to work across multiple fronts each week
- Demonstrated graphic design skills
- Demonstrated experience in community building
- Ability to create and maintain quality websites (eg. Webflow, Hubspot)
- Experience developing and executing paid marketing strategies on social media and search
- Digital native that is up to date with current digital marketing trends and technology, with the ability to adapt to using different tools.
- Data-driven marketer with a simple and systematic approach to digital marketing and paid media
- Ability to work with minimal guidance, be proactive, handle uncertainty, and embrace the challenge of quickly evolving goals
- True believer in the ethos of quality content above all else
- Bonus points for experience with web3 acquisition and engagement metrics & strategies (token incentives, engagement, airdrops, NFTs, tokenomics, L1 grants)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Early and generous employee stock option & token plan
- $100 monthly health and wellness benefit
- 401(k) plan
- Work from home flexibility
- Paid family leave
- Apple products
We encourage you to apply even if you feel over- or under-qualified. We want to find the best people to help us build this Village no matter who they are. We have a lot of different areas of responsibility and we are always happy to brainstorm with you about what would be the best fit.
Village Labs is an equal opportunity employer. We believe everyone should feel great about being their authentic selves at Village–this is the only way to do our best work! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We believe that great employees come from diverse backgrounds.