About the jobAt Anchorage we are building the world’s most advanced digital asset platform for institutions to participate in crypto.
Founded in 2017, Anchorage Digital is a regulated crypto platform that provides institutions with integrated financial services and infrastructure solutions. With the first federally chartered crypto bank in the US, Anchorage offers institutions an unparalleled combination of secure custody, regulatory compliance, product breadth, and client service. We’re looking to diversify our team with people who are humble, creative, and eager to learn.
We are a remote-first, global team, but provide the option of working in-office in San Francisco, New York City, Indianapolis, Sioux Falls, Porto, and Singapore.
The HSM team develops the secure software at the core of the Anchorage Platform. We’re a small team that moves fast to support the services built around us. We win by working in concert with the rest of the engineering team to deliver a great customer experience. You will d esign and implement low-level embedded firmware to facilitate support of assets under custody, enforce client’s vault policies, and extend methods of interaction with emerging cryptocurrencies. This role will help Anchorage adopt support for new blockchains faster while continuing to rapidly maintain existing support, especially as we move from a growth market into a build market.
- Write custom C code that leverages modern cryptographic libraries to write applications intended to run inside Hardware Security Modules and other enclaves.
- Review code across the entire stack and engineering organization while actively participating in product development.
- Find the right balance between progress (i.e. shipping quickly) and perfection (i.e. measuring twice).
- Foster an efficient deterministic testing culture, with an emphasis on minimizing tech debt and bureaucracy.
- Influence architecture/product roadmap - have a seat at the table.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with everyone.
- Help scale the team.
- Work on the front lines of the blockchain/crypto movement and SecOps innovation.
- Ship code that will impact the global economy.
- Your programming languages of choice are C, C++, and Go.
- You have comprehensive experience with secure low level C/C++ programming, kernel development/hardening, and/or embedded systems.
- You are familiar with Hardware Security Modules - ideally Thales.
- You have real world experience shipping product and implementing secure frameworks, libraries, and services.
- You have a deep understanding of common crypto protocols (TLS, GPG, SSH, etc.), code signing, networks security, authentication/authorization, and the threat landscape for state-of-the-art attacks.
- You genuinely care about code quality and test infrastructure.
- You prioritize end-user experience and business value over “cool tech.”
- You have developed “computer science fundamentals”, i.e. concurrency, algorithms, and data structures (Formal CS degree NOT required).
- You self-describe as some combination of the following: creative, humble, ambitious, detail-oriented, hardworking, trustworthy, eager to learn, methodical, action-oriented, and tenacious.
- In your mind the word “crypto” stands for cryptography, not cryptocurrency.
- You read blockchain protocol white papers for fun, and stay up to date with the proliferation of cryptoasset innovations.
- You have a background in the finance industry.
- You were emotionally moved by the soundtrack to Hamilton, which chronicles the founding of a new financial system. :)
- C/ C++ and Go
The Anchorage Village, what we call our team, brings together the brightest minds from platform security, financial services, and distributed ledger technology to provide the building blocks that empower institutions to safely participate in the evolving digital asset ecosystem. As a diverse team of more than 300 members, we are united in one common goal: building the future of finance by providing the foundation upon which value moves safely in the new global economy.
Anchorage Digital is committed to being a welcoming and inclusive workplace for everyone, and we are intentional about making sure people feel respected, supported and connected at work—regardless of who you are or where you come from. We value and celebrate our differences and we believe being open about who we are allows us to do the best work of our lives.
Anchorage Digital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against qualified applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual preference, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law, rule, or regulation.