Status is building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3.
With the high level goals of preserving the right to privacy, mitigating the risk of censorship, and promoting economic trade in a transparent, open manner, Status is building a community where anyone is welcome to join and contribute.
As an organization, Status seeks to push the web3 ecosystem forward through research, creation of developer tools, and support of the open source community.
As a product, Status is an open source, Ethereum-based app that gives users the power to chat, transact, and access a revolutionary world of DApps on the decentralized web. But Status is also building foundational infrastructure for the whole Ethereum ecosystem, including the Nimbus ETH 1.0 and 2.0 clients, the Keycard hardware wallet, and the Waku messaging protocol (a continuation of Whisper).
As a team, Status has been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong, and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe.
We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
The Nimbus team is looking for a Senior Engineer who will take ownership of Developer Experience. Someone who enjoys researching new technologies and building products for the decentralized web while being in the midst of Open Source Libraries and P2P networks. This means writing cool products in Nim for Ethereum and Web3, crafting documentation and SDKs, plus representing the team at developer conferences and online events.
Nimbus is a research team that focuses on developing an Ethereum client and library targeting both Ethereum and the upcoming, proof-of-stake-based ETH2. We believe that the largest deployment of Ethereum will potentially be on embedded systems, Nimbus will be designed to perform well on embedded, mobile and generally resource-restricted devices. The extensible, configurable, and modular design of Nimbus will make it production ready for Web 3.0 and will ensure that it can be supported and maintained across all goals of Ethereum 2.0.
Building the stack from ground up, we’re translating the latest Ethereum 2.0 research into practical, performant and reusable libraries to provide fertile exploration ground for further R&D. Check our latest update!
- Lead the effort to create a powerful developer experience around Nimbus, both as a library and as a RPC backend.
- Define and design APIs that allow block explorers, wallets and decentralized applications interact with Nimbus.
- Respond to community needs & requests, transforming them into concrete specifications and products or features.
- Be the face of our developer community, represent Nimbus at conferences and online events.
- Create powerful documentation and SDKs.
- Support evangelizing Nimbus as the go-to ETH 2.0 client for mobile devices and embedded systems within the Open Source community.
You will ideally have:
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
- Interest in open data, blockchain and decentralization.
- A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
- Experience with Rust or C/C++, and curiosity about dynamic languages.
- Background in (embedded) systems programming, p2p technologies.
- Familiarity with modern cryptography.
- Experience with APIs, SDKs and crafting documentation.
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- Ideally, you’ll have some Nim/Rust/C++ related GitHub projects to make it easier for us to evaluate your skills.
- Basic knowledge of the lexing, parsing and semantic checking passes applicable to a compiler.
- Experience with Nim.
- Interview with our People Ops team.
- Technical Interview with team members from the Nimbus team.
- Technical Interview with hiring manager from the Nimbus team.
- Final Meeting with Jacek, our Head of Research.
The steps may change along the way if we see it makes sense to adapt the interview stages, so please consider the above as a guideline. We’re looking for you to join our team as soon as possible.
We are happy to pay salaries in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/