About the jobBitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers.
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms set up to accommodate for the booming interest in Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading. Since then, our team has gained invaluable experience whilst cementing our spot as the go-to platform for digital asset traders and institutions.
Our aim is to create a free and accessible global digital economy by disrupting the current financial services industry.
Our team is entirely remote, composed of individuals with an ownership mentality; no one waits to be told what to do. Each member of the team is a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable with autonomy and believes in lifelong learning. When we’re not working, we’re dreaming about it. We place our egos aside and thrive within a culture that fosters one another from the birth of a concept to launch of a product.
As part of our mission, we also promote and sponsor the development of open source decentralized systems to facilitate the growth of a permissionless economy
At Bitfinex you have the freedom to work as you please - all that matters is execution.
Join us and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
As an Open Source RGB/Lightning Developer, you will be a part of the team that contributes to the development of the RGB protocol for assets on top of Bitcoin and the Lightning Network, aimed at building a new ecosystem of Bitcoin based decentralized financial applications. This includes:
- Contributing to improve and evolve the code functional to the RGB protocol.
- Development and maintenance of libraries to facilitate RGB integration for wallet developers.
- Development and maintenance of an RGB compatible Bitcoin wallet.
- Integration with the Lightning Network.
Desired Skills and ExperienceOn Top Of This, We Expect You To Be
To enjoy this role, you should possess the personal attributes and experience outlined above.
- Knowledgeable about Bitcoin, Lightning Network and related applications.
- Expertise and experience with Rust.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies.
- Good understanding of security practices.
- Understanding of the RGB protocol is a plus.
- Experience with open source development is a plus.