Kadena is the industry’s only scalable layer 1 Proof of Work (PoW) blockchain. The principal feature that drives Kadena is scalability, which enables Kadena to deliver infrastructure-grade performance for any blockchain project. Along with our own smart contract language Pact, Kadena's platform provides the world the tools and environment to turn ideas and ambitions into reality. Founded by Stuart Popejoy and William Martino who created JP Morgan’s first blockchain and led the SEC’s Crypto Committee, Kadena aims to allow for true blockchain mass adoption. At Kadena, we value diversity, curiosity, a work/life balance, kindness, and teamwork.
Kadena is hiring an operations coordinator to provide generalist project and administrative support to our operations team, covering functions such as accounting, legal and HR. This position reports to the Director of Operations. However, we work closely and collaboratively, especially with the business development and community teams. We are open to hiring someone slightly more junior (Operations Analyst) through slightly senior (Operations Manager) and encourage you to apply if the general scope of the role is interesting and relevant even if your experience isn’t a 100% match. The role is a good fit for someone who likes to make all the different pieces of the puzzle fit together between different areas of an organization.
The ideal candidate is meticulous, trustworthy, and at ease in a startup environment. We are flexible and don’t have a traditional corporate structure but we take our work seriously and require someone who is committed to doing what it takes to get the job done. We encourage people to show up as their whole selves, which includes pursuing passions outside of the (virtual) office. We also want to be honest about how this can at times be more demanding than your standard 9-5 job.
- Project management for initiatives ranging from community newsletters to business partnerships
- HR functions inclusive of onboarding/offboarding, recruiting
- Document management (legal, accounting)
- Support business team on partnership pipeline, responsibilities include: maintenance, follow up, and contracts
- 2+ years experience in operations roles
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal
- Commitment to precision and accuracy
- Excellent ability to delegate responsibilities while maintaining organizational control
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, working autonomously, and navigate with ease
- Time zone: US EST-PST
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent accreditation or equivalent work experience
Bonus if you have:
- Experience working for startups, especially blockchain companies
- Experience working closely with legal teams and accountants, familiarity with contract review processes
- Competitive salary
- Fully paid medical, vision, and dental insurance for full-time employees
- Flexible savings accounts
- Company coin options
- Flexible vacation time (and a culture of taking time off)
- Remote company
- Home office setup stipend
Kadena requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Kadena considers requests for reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons pursuant to applicable law.