Partner 20, Business Development Partner, Crypto
Founded in Silicon Valley in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as "a16z") is a venture capital firm that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to venture to late-stage technology companies, across bio + healthcare, consumer, crypto, enterprise, fintech, games, and companies building toward American dynamism. a16z has $35B in assets under management across multiple funds.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the company-building process; we know what it’s like to be in the founder’s shoes. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping founders and their companies impact and change the world.
The Business Development Partner, Crypto will work with a16z Crypto portfolio companies as the go-to-market subject matter expert to help portfolio companies drive towards their ambitious growth goals. A successful candidate has a breadth of experience and knowledge across the blockchain and crypto landscape, including: NFTs and gaming; Web 3 applications / Layer 0, 1, 2 protocols; dApps; blockchain/crypto developer tools; exchanges; liquidity providers and market makers; and DeFi/Payments.
This individual will be on the crypto GTM Network team, reporting to the GTM Partner and working closely with the crypto General Partners, deal team, and other cross functional teams responsible for Crypto.
The ideal candidate will be an experienced, purpose driven partnerships professional who can help develop and guide the partnership strategy with both a16z portfolio companies and corporates that are interested in understanding the space.
To join our team, you should be excited to:
- Demonstrate understanding across the protocol layers, middleware applications, gaming and NFT players, DeFi and payments sector, and other divisions within the space
- Hold proven partnership expertise with decision makers within the global crypto native organizations as well as traditional organizations
- Exhibit critical thinking and embody a growth mentality to master the quickly growing space
- Have a perspective of how public vs private vs hybrid blockchain is used across organizations
- Advise the a16z crypto portfolio companies on product market fit, GTM strategy, partnership plans, and pitch/presentation skills
- Build a growing, global ecosystem comprised of both traditional and crypto-native organizations which are deemed as high priority for a16z’ success and GTM function
- Develop workshops, content, and scalable programs to assist portfolio companies’ growth
- Conduct introductions, meetings, corporate briefings, events, and conferences amongst the a16z network
- Share relevant market insights with a16z investment partners to better advise the market receptivity and the evolving investment thesis
- Have a passion for blockchain technology, the crypto landscape, and the innovative potential this emerging area presents across several verticals
- 4-6 years of business development experience with a solid understanding and knowledge of blockchain and overall crypto landscape
- Have existing insight into how blockchain and crypto is currently being used across Enterprise, Consumer, Public Sector, Financial, and Bio/Health organizations
- Communicate at an executive level to share findings from portfolio companies and the network
- Collaborative and open work ethic, with a “we” mentality to help the broader firm succeed
- Comfortable working independently in a remote environment to define OKRs and KPIs, and drive successful relationships with and for portfolio companies
- Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally for business meetings, if/when deemed safe
The anticipated salary range for this role is between $257,000 - 300,000, actual starting pay may vary based on a range of factors which can include experience, skills, and scope.
This role is eligible to participate in the a16z Direct Carry program and various discretionary bonus programs as well as benefit and perquisite plans including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, 401K plan, vacation, and sick leave.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
At a16z we are always looking to hire the absolute best talent and recognize that diversity in our experiences and backgrounds is what makes us stronger. We hire candidates of any race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital or family status, disability, Veteran status, and any other status. These differences are what enables us to work towards the future we envision for ourselves, our portfolio companies, and the World.
Andreessen Horowitz hereby reserves the right to make use of any unsolicited resumes received from outside recruiting agencies and / or individual recruiters without being responsible for payment of any fees asserted from the use of unsolicited resumes.