This is the job description for our Partner Marketing Manager position. Not for you? Check out other opportunities at Storj here.
Storj is pioneering cloud storage and Web3 company with the world's first and only decentralized cloud object storage network capable of delivering on enterprise SLAs. We make object storage more secure, private, and resilient than leading cloud storage providers. Our mission is to enable the decentralized future, and our vision is to be the storage layer for the decentralized internet.
The Partner Marketing Manager role is focused on technical alliance and integration partner marketing, program development, and execution. Working closely with the partner marketing strategist, this role will manage partner marketing programs throughout the program lifecycle by collaborating with internal and external partner teams. In addition, this role will collaborate in establishing the infrastructure necessary to support the tech alliance partners and eventually the channel, including track metrics, analyze program performance, track partner lead gen to drive partner mindshare and revenue. This role reports into the Director of Growth Marketing.
- Manage the execution of marketing tactics, with the broader team, such as joint webinars, press releases, blogs, events, tutorials, digital advertising, speaking opportunities (and more) to increase leads and awareness of both companies
- Organize product and sales training for partners
- Create and execute lead generation strategies, campaigns, and go-to-market plans with partners
- Manage multiple projects, partners stakeholders, and good judgment of when to escalate
- Work with and influence internal teams for partner outcomes including sales, engineering, product management, and product marketing
- Understand partner ecosystems and technology marketing in order to create joint campaign messaging and plans
- Influence and measure partner marketing and sales objectives as part of the growth marketing, campaigns, and lead gen team.
- Learn, discuss, and explain Storj products to partners
- Understand the changing market landscape and be able to recommend new approaches, partner co-marketing activities, and overall program goals
- Regularly gather partner feedback to improve Partner Program and offerings
- 5+ years of experience in partner and marketing program management including joint emails, social, advertising, blogs, events, speaking
- Great interpersonal, presentation, and communication skills
- Able to influence and lead within a cross-functional, matrixed team environment. Strong collaborative and relationship-building ability while working with partner teams.
- Deep experience with marketing program creation, execution, and marketing channels
- Demonstrated experience with CRM/marketing automation and reporting tools
- Must be willing to travel 30% of the time
- Strong project management skills with attention to timeline details while flexibly managing partner unknowns
- Be self-motivated and work productively as part of a team
- Sales or inside sales or demand gen experience is a plus
- Bachelor's degree
At Storj, People Really Matter
Our mission cannot be achieved without our talented people, so we provide meaningful professional engagement and a generous, comprehensive benefits package. Storj promotes empowerment and progress through company-wide and individualized training opportunities, proactive diversity efforts, and peer mentorship. Our comprehensive employee benefits include generous healthcare and insurance coverage, FSA and transportation reimbursement plans, a 401(k) plan, competitive equity, unlimited PTO, and six weeks of paid parental leave.
Storj is headquartered in Atlanta and has team members around the globe. As a remote-first company, we’ve built a culture based on transparency, inclusion, and open communication. Storj hosts regularly scheduled week-long gatherings (optional in-person when travel is safe) for collaborative work and team building.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
At Storj Labs, we celebrate diversity and strive for an inclusive work culture. More than a statement on our careers page, these concepts are ingrained in our core values:
Secure - We believe security and privacy in product, process, and habit is key to everything we do.
Together - We inspire, execute, and celebrate as one team, with a commitment to trust, inclusion, collaboration, and accountability.
Open - We’re committed to the free and open sharing of software, information, knowledge, and ideas.
Resolute - We have the courage to do the right thing, even if it is not the easy thing. We resolve always to treat others ethically, with empathy, understanding, and trust.
Empowered - We empower our users to control their data, our teammates to do great work, and our community to build economic value.
Different - We think differently, act differently, and always strive to make a difference.
We don’t make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. We also consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.