About the jobCircle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
Circle is looking for a Principal Product Manager to own and drive the company’s entire compliance platform product strategy and implementation. This role will oversee the design and development of a compliance platform product to support the global compliance programs and strategic direction of Circle. As a key strategic leader and fundamental stakeholder you will partner deeply with the respective functions to understand the regulatory landscape, operational needs and high priority requirements in order to develop a long term strategy to deliver a platform that will facilitate greater efficiencies, support growing volumes and enable market expansion. You will achieve this by establishing a compliance platform product vision, gaining consensus amongst the business and your compliance peers, and through ruthless prioritization of needs.
We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex program areas and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. The ideal candidate has extensive experience managing compliance tooling, systems and platform needs, ability to assess multiple competing needs and define product strategy and demonstrated agility to adapt to an ever-changing landscape.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
- Own the Compliance Platform Product Strategy and associated product roadmap, including stakeholder coordination, business requirements development and prioritization assessment.
- Lead the evolution of our existing tools and systems, making incremental improvements along the way while developing the solutions to reimagine those systems.
- Build deep relationships and create strategic alliances to establish trust with key stakeholders across legal, risk, compliance, engineering, product etc. to accelerate delivery of risk and compliance initiatives.
- Proactively identify process gaps, roadblocks, bottlenecks, and inefficiencies that will negatively impact risk and compliance platform efforts and mitigate them.
- Partner with all key stakeholders to define the product requirements, develop insights and write detailed user stories to deliver features and functionality to scale Circle’s compliance functions.
- Represent compliance needs at the highest levels across the organization and be capable of advocating for and/or defending decisions associated with the defined strategy and execution plans.
- Own the development and maintenance of all documentation that details the composition and inner workings of the Compliance Platform.
- Communicate product status, metrics, goals and performance clearly to internal stakeholders throughout the organization, including impacted teams
- Develop, monitor and report on a suite of KPIs / KRIs for various internal fora including Executive Leadership and Board-level reporting.
- Present to regulators, examiners and auditors performing reviews of the Compliance program.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in implementing KYC, AML, or Sanctions technologies in scaled companies, including leading programs for Fintech or crypto businesses.
- Compliance policy, product or engineering experience in either banking, consulting, or cryptocurrency required. Experience in RegTech or Fintech companies is preferred.
- You are a creative product mind, an avid problem solver and a highly collaborative team member.
- You have experience designing compliance operational workflows and deeply understand the expected rigor required in our operations.
- You are a self-starter and fast-moving when it comes to putting plans into motion – you don't need to work from a script.
- Highly quantitative, analytical, and business minded with a data-driven approach to decision making.
- Proven experience with regulatory exams and presenting to examiners.
- Executive presence with an ability to influence and worki hands-on with other cross-functional team leaders, such as lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in improving compliance processes and systems.
- Experience leading diverse teams in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Deep experience and knowledge of traditional money laundering and terrorist financing typologies.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.