About the job
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer, Blockchain
CipherTrace, a Mastercard company, is a rapidly growing cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance leader. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs, and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and willing to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
- Provide technical leadership and expertise through coaching and mentoring
- Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business
- Understand complex application data flows and bridge the gap between
technical and business requirements
- Lead a portfolio of technology projects and a team of developers with deep
expertise in distributed systems and full stack systems.
- Build the next-generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools and DeFi
- Design and build support for multiple blockchains and crypto currencies
- Experience enterprise applications and technical leadership role.
- Proficient in cryptography principles and cryptography implementation focussed
on public-key cryptography, zero-knowledge proofs.
- Deep knowledge of cryptographic primitives, protocols, and blockchain
technologies such as Bitcoin, Ethereum, smart contracts (Solidity and Cairo),
applied cryptography, and layer-2 networks.
- Deep understanding of at least one of the following crypto node implementations
- Bitcoin Core, LND, Erigon, Nethermind, Prysm, Teku, Litecoin etc.
- Deep experience in at least one of these programming languages such as Scala,
Go or Rust
- Proficient in at least 3 of the following SQL/NoSQL, Cassandra, PostgreSQL,
MySQL, Elasticsearch, GraphQL.
- Comfortable working with distributed and remote teams.
Nice to have
- Experience with developing & scaling microservices in a distributed environment.
- Deploying code with Kubernetes, Docker.
- Experience working in an Agile environment.In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact [email protected] and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All Activities Involving Access To Mastercard Assets, Information, And Networks Comes With An Inherent Risk To The Organization And, Therefore, It Is Expected That Every Person Working For, Or On Behalf Of, Mastercard Is Responsible For Information Security And Must
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.