About the job
My client is building a modern charge card for young professionals that unlocks access to unique experiences. With their sleek design, cutting-edge tech, and world-class support, they’re changing how the new generation of professionals spend. They’re are backed by Peter Thiel’s Valar Ventures and Y Combinator — with over $50mm in funding.
My client is a small team of experienced engineers from a number of high-performance teams at startups, Facebook, Shopify, and Apple.
They’re looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join them to help build their Charge Card platform.
Who I’m looking for
This unique company is making a high performance, high availability, fault tolerant stack for modern finance applications. Principal Software Engineers are expected to provide technical leadership-by-example and implementation guidance that sets the tone for the entire engineering team.
In this role, you will
- Set standards, levels, and best practices for Engineering as a whole
- Guide your team members in navigating technical issues
- Design, architect and implement large chunks of their stack’s technology
- Provide technical guidance to business, design, and other nontechnical teams
- Advocate for technologies, systems, and ways of working to better empower their whole engineering organization
- 8+ years experience developing client/server software in a dynamically-typed languages (Node, Ruby, Python), statically-typed languages (Java, C, C++), or other modern environments (Go, Rust, Elixir, etc).
- 5+ years experience developing cloud-based software on AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.
- Strong experience optimizing & performance profiling server-side applications
- Strong knowledge of SQL and production-facing relational databases
- Good collaboration skills & the ability to work well with product, design, or other cross-functional teams
- Fintech or cryptocurrency experience, especially at a venture-backed startup
- Experience with data privacy & implementing application security best practices
- Experience using Java Spring Boot Framework
Compensation information - Base $200-250k + Bonus + Strong Equity