Work from anywhere, impact everywhere
Diversity is at the heart of who we are at Xapo Bank. We’re a fully distributed team of over 200 talented people that work remotely from 50+ countries around the world.
We work hard, think globally, and inspire each other to learn and grow. We are committed to changing the way things are done.
To achieve that, we search the world for the best people for the job. This is how we are transforming the world of digital banking.
Our team is worldwide, our capacity for innovation, limitless.
Join our remote team of dreamers and doers as we take Xapo Bank to the next level
Although we are headquartered in Gibraltar, this is a full time, 100% remote position.
Work from anywhere!
At Xapo our delivery teams are responsible for assuring the quality of the software we release to production. In order to do that they need to have access to the tooling, processes and coaching they need. The role of the Principal Test Engineer is to work closely with the Director of Engineering and the Tech Leads to develop those frameworks and to provide support to allow the teams to be successful. First and foremost we are looking for an excellent software engineer, someone who loves to code, script and pair with other engineers to share knowledge. We want engineers who are passionate about software quality and who are able to devise strategies and build frameworks, pipelines and tooling that will support our developers deliver really high quality code without compromising speed to market.
- Drive Technical Quality initiatives, including creating, prioritising and managing them based on continuous analysis of teams state and pain points.
- Work from a Quality standpoint with Tech Leads to ensure they have all of the needed support for their efforts.
- Undertake Proof of Concepts and create new framework / libraries and CI/CD changes.
- Functional and Non-Functional Testing (Performance, Security, Load etc).
- Contribute and follow-up on Architecture Decision Records (ADRs). (This is the mechanism we use at Xapo to discuss and agree significant change to our platform, tools or ways of working).
- Pair with developers, show what good testing and test cases look like.
- Experience in Coaching and Mentoring Engineers.
- Experience ensuring Quality of Backend services.
- Experience Pairing with Developers and sharing knowledge
- Experience in deep analysis of Performance bottlenecks (including usage of Performance/Load/Stress testing).
- Experience in contributing to CI/CD with focus around Quality aspects.
- Experience in working with microservices architecture and understanding of event-driven architecture.
- Strong focus on data-driven decision making.
- Self starting and able to manage and prioritise a workload based on what will add most value right now.
- Ability to communicate both written and spoken in English.
- A dedicated workspace
- A reliable internet connection with the fastest speed possible in your area
- Devices and other essential equipment that meet minimal technical specifications
- Alignment with Our Values.
Why work for Xapo?
IMPACT GLOBALLY, WORK REMOTELY.
- Shape the Future: Improve lives through cutting-edge technology, work 100% remotely from anywhere in the world.
- Great work-life balance:Build amazing things with a balance of autonomy and collaborative teamwork. Set your own work schedule and make use of a flexible PTO plan when you need to recharge.
- Expect Excellence: Collaborate, learn, and grow with a high-performance team. Learn how you learn best - from books to conferences, you’ll get a yearly budget for your individual learning and development goals.