About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
The Kraken Client Support Systems (CSS) organization focus on providing world class support and client services across our entire suite of products. This design leader will oversee designers working on internal and external facing tools by consistently looking for opportunities to test, optimize, and innovate our client experience to a digital self-service first approach vs. contact center first approach. We are looking to transform how we scale to a digital-first mindset and this role will help us drive change in a material way. In addition, we’re looking for product design leaders who understand the importance of business results and outcomes achieved with clear measurables and can contextualize these results in strategy.
What You’ll Do
- Lead teams of designers in creating high quality, delightful experiences for Kraken customers
- Manage, coach, and grow the careers of designers on your team
- Provide hands-on design direction and lead your team in creative exercises designed to produce outstanding work
- Negotiate relationships with engineering and product management counterparts to provide a friendly, collaborative environment for your team to do its best work
- Represent Design as an equal leg of the three-legged Engineering/Product/Design stool
- Contribute to the improvement and operations of the Design team, sometimes outside your main focus area
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Help grow our inclusive design team culture with your unique personality
- Demonstrated experience leading teams of high-performing designers
- A focus not just on the quality of output but also the health and happiness of team members and the design organization as a whole
- A proactive attitude of seeking out opportunities to fix and improve things wherever you go, even if they are not within your direct remit
- Ability to help translate business needs from other departments into actionable plans for your team
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
- An interest in Bitcoin, cryptocurrency or financial products
- A consumer of our products
- Experience designing financial products, trading platforms, or numerically-oriented interfaces
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn