Founded in 2018 and based in NYC, The Block is the leading research, analysis, and news brand in the digital asset space. The Block's team is spread across 5 continents and 15+ countries, covering the global cryptocurrency space 24/7.
At The Block, we see digital assets as a ubiquitous part of the future. As this space continues to evolve, we view our role as the trusted moderator and authoritative voice for those who invest in, work with, make decisions about, or seek to understand digital assets.
We are seeking a Product Designer with strong UX/UI skills to join our growing Design team. In this role, you will be responsible for creating user-centered designs that are both visually appealing and highly functional. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to understand business goals, user needs, and technological capabilities to design creative solutions that help us to deliver best-in-market products. You will have the opportunity to own specific product features end-to-end, from conception to delivery. We are seeking someone with a strong creative vision that will help us to look critically at our products from the inside out as we continue to iterate and improve the overall experience.
If you’re a highly motivated person that is seeking an opportunity to have a real impact on a growing team and you enjoy solving complex design problems, creating user-centered designs, and have a strong portfolio that demonstrates your expertise in Figma, Prototyping, and UX/UI design, we encourage you to apply for this position.
The hiring range for this role is $120,000 - $140,000 in base salary, plus equity and benefits. Base salary pay within the provided range will be refined based on candidate’s experience and location.
- Take ownership of your work. You will be expected to outline the vision, goals, and timeline to delivery of specific product features. This will include defining the scope, setting priorities, and identifying metrics for success.
- Conduct research to understand user needs, market trends, and competitor offerings.
- Design concepts and prototypes that translate strategy into tangible outputs. This includes designing user interfaces, interactions, and experiences that are intuitive, accessible, and delightful.
- Conduct user tests and gather feedback to validate the design and identify areas for improvement. This includes iterating on the design based on the feedback received.
- Document the design decisions, processes, and outcomes to ensure transparency and knowledge sharing within the team and the company.
- Provide design support to development teams during implementation. This includes doing visual quality assurance as designs are translated into code.
- Develop and maintain design guidelines, patterns, and templates.
- Continuously improve design processes and methodologies.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in product design with a focus on UX/UI design.
- Expert-level proficiency in Figma.
- Experience with prototyping and design systems.
- Solid understanding of responsive web design principles and best practices.
- Understanding of user-centered design principles and design thinking methodology.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to inspect designs in a browser and identify CSS improvements to ensure pixel-perfect execution.
The following qualifications are not required, but are nice to have:
- Experience designing FinTech products.
- Experience designing B2B products.
- Interest or experience in cryptocurrency or alternative assets.
- Experience designing data visualizations.
Who We Are: The culture of The Block lies in our key behaviors. It’s who we are and it’s how we show up everyday.
We are confidently humble. We jump in and roll up our sleeves. We know there’s always more to learn and we operate without egos.
We are actionably curious. We strive to be an expert in our field and always seek opportunities to expand our knowledge and skill set. We put our learnings into practice every day.
We practice tenacious ownership. Every day when we show up we are contributors, teammates, and owners. We rotate through those three hats with agility and without sacrificing accountability or consistency.
We practice respectful partnership. We treat others as we’d expect to be treated - with respect, concern, understanding, and patience.
Why You Should Work Here:
We take care of our employees and we have the benefits and perks to support it. Our full-time, US based employees are eligible for Unlimited PTO, remote first environment, high health plan employer contributions, monthly wellness stipend, generous parental leave policy, 401k match, fitness partnerships, fertility benefits, One Medical membership and citibike membership.
We’re a remote first company which allows us to hire the best person for the job regardless of location.
Impactful work. Regardless of your role at The Block you’re making a meaningful contribution to our mission in accelerating the evolution of financial systems through independent reporting and technical research of all projects influencing the future of financial services.
What Else Should You Know?
The Block is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
During our application process we collect completely anonymous diversity information. Providing this information is voluntary but we want you to know what we do with it. We use the data to ensure that our recruiting practices are bringing diverse talent to the organization and we are reacting where we are coming up short. We strive to use the data to ensure we have the tools and resources for all employees both during the interview process and should those employees choose to join us at The Block.