About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
We’re looking for well-rounded designers to help us explore, reinvent and communicate everything from digital art to the way money works — independent thinkers who believe in a tomorrow where cryptocurrency spreads wealth inclusively and enables new forms of creativity.
The Creative Design team collaborates closely with product, marketing, researchers, and content specialists, so you must be comfortable working in this cooperative model. We feel that the best work comes when creative people roll up their sleeves and solve problems together.
What You’ll Do
- Create high quality, delightful experiences with designers, researchers, product managers, content specialists, and engineers
- Design engaging, highly visual, responsive web experiences from concept through to final design for production
- Elevate and evolve the Kraken brand across a number of digital touch points
- Collaborate with marketing, product design, and growth teams to create alignment on messaging and design solutions
- Utilise data and research to inform design decisions and strategy
- Work closely with developers to deliver design specifications, guidelines, and documentation that ensures an accurate build
- Actively participate in design reviews both seeking and giving meaningful and supportive feedback
- Clearly communicate design intent and creative vision
- Build and share prototypes with cross-functional teams
- Create new components and maintain a design systems
- Demonstrated high-quality interactive design work across mobile and desktop platforms
- Methods grounded in human-centered design and research; asking the right questions before assuming solutions or success
- Natural storytellers with a demonstrated ability to rationalize design decisions
- A desire to work in a rapidly growing and evolving design team, helping shape its culture and operations
- Experience working alongside and collaborating with front-end developers
- Detailed understanding of designing for multiple screen sizes across scaling web products
- Experience in working with marketing analytics tool and prototyping designs based on data
- Egoless, mindful, and open minded
- A trail of happy people who would fight to work with you again
- Working knowledge or direct experience with cryptocurrencies
- Remote working experience
- Ability to design sleek motion graphics web animations
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn