About the jobCompany Description
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
The Seller Risk team works to protect our customers and Square from financial risk coming from Fraud, Payment Disputes, and Credit. We keep our customers safe while $160B+ flows through Square annually, and we allow the entire company to take risks and grow. We take pride in our work and our mission to protect Square, protect our customers, and make a complicated and sometimes painful process understandable to all.
We’re looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead Buyer Fraud and Risk Manager. You will work with multiple cross functional teams to detect and prevent fraudsters from exploiting Square sellers, including Square’s Risk Manager Product. Risk Manager is a product that helps and protects Square sellers against Buyer Fraud. You understand your customer’s needs and create their Jobs To Be Done, which flows into the mission statement of your product and the requirements of how your team accomplishes system, process, and product improvements to fulfill them. You’d work closely with partner teams including : engineering, machine learning and data science, operations, policy, and other key stakeholders across Square.
- Define and develop a vision and yearly strategy for Buyer Fraud and Risk Manager in collaboration with Engineering, Design, Analytics, Policy, Operations, and Sales partners teams across the company.
- Deliver remarkable products and features that ensure optimal experiences for sellers while protecting sellers and Square against financial loss.
- Address challenging prioritization questions through data-driven approaches that put your customer first.
- Establish your product roadmap and lead your cross functional to completion within target range.
- Represent your team, your team’s goals, and your team’s strategy to meet those objectives with multiple partners, Risk leadership, and senior company leaders.
- 5+ years of product management experience.
- Experience building consensus and working with diverse partners across a product ecosystem
- Vision: You’ve formed, gained and supported essential strategies shaping the direction of your product
- Results: You’re excellent tactically, with experience shipping elegant products at scale.
- Customer empathy: Experience shaping product direction and execution based on customer needs.
- Developed industry-leading products that have solved complex problems for their customers.
- Firm grasp of software development lifecycles and agile methodologies best practices, as well as experience understanding high-level software and machine learning capabilities.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills; ability to inspire team members.
- Bonus: Experience in risk, fraud or other risk related problem spaces.
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $167,300 - USD $204,500
Zone B: USD $158,900 - USD $194,300
Zone C: USD $150,600 - USD $184,000
Zone D: USD $142,200 - USD $173,800
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.