About the job
We’re looking for production engineers who will help develop core blockchain node software and the ecosystem infrastructure. This role will be responsible for implementing the blockchain node reference deployment, building automation tools to improve operational complexity, and helping our node operator and developer ecosystem grow. You will be joining a team building a highly scalable and available distributed system. Performance and reliability are critical. You will be expected to do everything from architecture and design, to implementing those designs in code, to testing the implementations for correctness and performance, and finally optimizing the implementations for better performance. Relevant industry experience is important (Site Reliability Engineer, Systems Engineer, Software Engineer, DevOps Engineer, Network Engineer, or similar role), but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude.
This is an opportunity for someone who is passionate about service reliability, enjoys automating human out of manual operation processes, excited by building products that will serve millions of users. You will be working on fast-paced, rapidly growing, high-profile projects with a significant opportunity for industry-level impact on emerging blockchain and cryptocurrency technologies.
What you'll be doing:
- Developing high-quality technical content such as automation tools, and reference architectures to help our partners, and customers build on the work we deliver.
- Writing and reviewing code, developing documentation and disaster recovery plans, and debugging the hardest problems, live, on Aptos blockchain tech stacks.
- Designing, developing, and deploying new systems that enhance throughput, latency, reliability, availability, and security for the blockchain and the blockchain ecosystem services.
- Together with our engineering team, you will share an on-call rotation and be an escalation contact for service incidents.
What we're looking for:
- 4+ years experience in backend software or infrastructure
- 4+ years experience with operating systems and TCP/IP network fundamentals
- 4+ years experience coding in higher-level languages (e.g., Rust, Python, C++, or Java)
- 4+ years experience learning software, frameworks and APIs
- Experience in Terraform, Helm, Kubernetes
- Experience with AWS, GCP, Azure, or other cloud environment
- Experience with blockchain and crypto (Bitcoin, Ethereum, DeFi etc.)
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain technical concepts clearly and simply
- Proven ability to quickly get up to speed on unfamiliar technologies.
- Proven ability to understand customer requirements and identify appropriate solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills working with Engineers from junior to senior levels
- Demonstrated critical thinking under pressure
Other things that could set you apart from the test:
- Located in any of our hubs (US - we're spread out across but have strong presence in the Bay Area).
- Fluent in English (native or professional fluency).
- Experience with any of the following is a big plus: Layer 1s, top blockchain companies, DeFi, top Web2 companies.
- We are open to consider junior candidates (~L4 equivalent). However, L4s & below will likely be expected to relocate to the Bay Area to be close to the team in order to boost learnings.
- We are open to sponsoring visas.