About the job
Synapse is a Banking as a Service (BaaS) provider with a clear mission, to ensure that everyone around the world has access to best-in-class financial products, regardless of their net worth. Synapse’s unified platform provides industry compliant payment, card issuance, deposit, lending, credit, investment and crypto products through simple APIs. We are the only BaaS provider that enables builders to launch feature complete deposit, credit and crypto products in weeks.
Our culture and values are simple and straightforward. We share a general concern for the well-being of others and strive to build a safe and inclusive environment for everyone. Our work style is collaborative and action-oriented. We are a team of conscientious, hard workers who also share a common sense of purpose. As we accelerate our growth, your career and opportunities will grow as well making it an exciting time to join Synapse.
The Program Manager: Cards & Pmts thrives in the Fintech ecosystem, is an enthusiastic driver of partner success, and ultimately Synapse's growth. Transform the customer experience spanning cryptocurrency, blockchain, and SaaS integrations via payment disruptors. Emerge as a leader in the Synapse-Partnerships ecosystem by engaging in innovative collaboration around cutting-edge technologies.
What You Will Do
- Define and execute a comprehensive and proactive partnership strategy for a portfolio of Fintech partners.
- Manage all aspects of the partnership including prioritization of key focus areas, evaluation of new initiatives, and ongoing partner management while acting as a liaison between Synapse teams with the intent to communicate or advance partner initiatives and requirements.
- Gather, organize, and present KPI data on partners to provide Executive Leadership with a clear picture into relationship status and partnership value.
- Elevate Synapse influence and positioning by facilitating joint product development and/or partnership expansion opportunities.
- Conduct business reviews on a regular cadence demonstrating ROI and driving partnership direction.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders such as Legal, Compliance and Engineering to ensure alignment and to drive adherence to contractual obligations as part of key strategic initiatives. Develop deep understanding of relevant use cases as part of partnership roadmap and end-to-end customer experience.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to assess partnership risk and mitigating controls.
- Create and/or maintain reference documentation related to the partnership to facilitate understanding and communication.
- Lead as point of escalation for internal partnership and strategic operations management to drive completion of high impact initiatives, as neededAbility to travel occasionally, approximately 30%.
What You Will Bring
- Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a four-year college or university preferred.
- Minimum of five years related work experience.
- Knowledge of Embedded Finance or BAAS Operations.
- Knowledge of Fintech or payments industry.
- A self-starter who can operate comfortably and independently while navigating ambiguity within a complex environment.
- An understanding of regulatory requirements for financial institutions.
- Key Competencies: An elevated level of professionalism, especially regarding relationship management.
- Forward-thinking team member with exceptional problem-solving and communication skills
- Experience and confidence interfacing with C-level Executives.
- Agile thinker with an aptitude for solving complex partnership challenges and excelling in a results-driven environment.
- Strong work ethic and a positive attitude.
What We Offer
- 💰Competitive Compensation
- 🍎Insurance (Medical/Dental/Vision)
- 💚401(k) with company matching up to 4%
- 🏝PTO & Holidays
- ✨Life Insurance & LTD
Synapse is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our employees. Synapse provides equal opportunity in all of our employment practices to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital status, military status, genetic information or any other category protected by federal, state and local laws.