Bitfinex is a digital asset trading platform offering state-of-the-art services for digital currency traders and global liquidity providers.
Founded in 2012, Bitfinex was one of the first professional platforms set up to accommodate for the booming interest in cryptocurrency trading. Since then, our team has gained invaluable experience whilst cementing our spot as the go-to platform for digital asset traders and institutions.
Our aim is to create a free and accessible global digital economy by disrupting the current financial services industry.
Our team is entirely remote, composed of individuals with an ownership mentality; no one waits to be told what to do. Each member of the team is a highly motivated self-starter that is comfortable with autonomy and believes in lifelong learning. When we’re not working, we’re dreaming about it. We place our egos aside and thrive within a culture that fosters one another from the birth of a concept to launch of a product.
At Bitfinex you have the freedom to work as you please - all that matters is execution.
Join us and help lay the foundation for a decentralized future.
Currently looking for:
Risk Analyst [Remote]
- Responsible for the day-to-day monitoring of market risks within the exchange.
- Identify key metrics for risk monitoring and conduct regular reporting.
- Develop models to quantify risk and to transform complex data to provide value-added analysis and reporting on risk.
- Develop risk procedures, protocols and policies to help build on top of our current risk framework.
- Proactively monitor information channels to detect, report and investigate risk issues.
- Work across different teams to aid in the development of risk solutions.
- Degree in Engineering, Mathematics, Physics or any other quantitative subjects.
- 2+ years experience in a similar role.
- Good understanding of trading, data analysis, scenario analysis and what-if analysis.
- Ability to analyse data quickly and to report on real-time risk issues.
- An understanding of programming languages with a strong skillset in data analysis within Excel.
- Be flexible as to working arrangements and hours.