About the jobWe are looking for a Risk Assessment Program Manager to join our rapidly growing Compliance team. You will be responsible for managing the Compliance risk assessment program, which includes developing, implementing, and executing risk assessment methodologies, templates, and reports. You will be responsible for conducting the risk assessments to identify and escalate potential control gaps, or gaps related to applicable laws and regulations, or policies and procedures.
This is a rare opportunity to help build a new role and team within Paxos’ growing Compliance function.
You will report to the BSA Officer, and work closely with the Compliance team, as well as cross-functional stakeholders to design and execute risk assessments that inform senior leadership of AML and Sanctions related risks within the Paxos business.
Paxos is on a mission to enable the movement of any asset, any time, in a trustworthy way. Today’s financial infrastructure is archaic, expensive, inefficient and risky - supporting a system that leaves out more people than it lets in. So we’re rebuilding it.
As a regulated blockchain infrastructure company, we use technology to tokenize, custody, trade, and settle assets for enterprise clients like PayPal, Bank of America, and Interactive Brokers. Paxos is a top-funded blockchain company, with more than $500 million in total funding from leading investors like OakHC/FT, Founders Fund, PayPal Ventures, and Declaration Partners. Together, we empower today’s financial leaders to build a more open, trusted economy.
As the Compliance Risk Assessment Program Manager, you’ll get to:
- Develop, implement, and execute Paxos’ AML & Sanctions Risk Assessment program including managing and executing on risk assessment methodologies, templates, reports, and workflows.
- Partner with cross functional stakeholders to ensure their inputs are included in the risk assessment process
- Utilize the Compliance Risk Assessment results to identify control enhancement opportunities and help drive discussions with stakeholders in developing corrective action plans
- Conduct targeted risk assessments on areas of highest residual risk, and new products to identify opportunities for control enhancement and risk mitigation
- Participate in projects to identify, assess, and manage risks related to Paxos’ products and services offerings
- Maintain an awareness of and monitor the regulatory environment for new and emerging legislation, policy statements, relevant trends, and industry best practices and determine how they impact related controls.
- Evaluate the design and operating effectiveness and appropriateness of mitigating controls.
- Identify and implement technological and process related recommendations to improve/streamline current practices to enhance reporting and data quality.
- Develop and execute risk assessment reports and management reporting
- Proactively seek to identify automation opportunities.
- Immerse yourself in blockchain technology, cryptocurrency for enterprises and investors, our regulation-first approach, and more!
Your experience should include:
- Experience building and implementing Risk Assessment programs and conducting AML and Sanctions risk assessments.
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated ability to operate at a strategic level.
- Ability to communicate well across all levels of an organization.
- Sound judgment in identifying risks in order to proactively escalate with relevant senior management.
- Excellent written and presentation communication abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Highly organized and capable of dealing with multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of AML. Sanctions laws, regulations, and risk management practice
- Highly-motivated, analytical, organized, innovative, adaptive and a self-starter
- Ability to work with limited direction from management.
- Proficient in PowerPoint/Google Slides and Excel/Google Sheets.
You might also have:
- Experience with data extraction and analysis
- Experience with and/or keen interest in cryptocurrency
- Experience with or previous exposure to financial services regulators
- Professional certifications (e.g.CAMS, CGSS)
What you’ll love about Paxos:
Paxos has consistently been recognized on the Forbes Fintech 50, CB Insights Blockchain 50 and Built In’s “Best Places to Work” lists. Paxonians have significant ownership and impact on our business, as well as benefits like company equity, health insurance, family leave, a quarterly stipend for development, a stipend for home office setup and unlimited PTO. From team product demos and virtual lounge and learns to care packages and an active Slack #shoutouts channel, there are countless opportunities to connect and make your mark. Help us continue to build a new, open financial system from one of our three offices or right from your home!
- Web 3.0 Is Still the Place to Be
- A Conversation with Paxos Product Leaders
- Paxos Raises $300M in Series D Funding at 2.4B Valuation
- Paxos & PayPal Bring Crypto to Millions of Users
- Mercado Libre Reaches 1M+ Users in 60 Days With Paxos
- Paxos Was Built to Protect its Customers
- CNBC Crypto World Interviews Paxos CEO on USDP stablecoin
- Paxos CEO Charles Cascarilla’s Perspectives on the Current State of the Global Economy
- Yahoo Finance Interviews Paxos CEO on Testimony to U.S. Congress and Stablecoin Infrastructure
Our Paxos team is made up of passionate people from all over the world with different perspectives and experiences. If this opportunity excites you, but your experience doesn’t perfectly match the description…apply! Unique voices help us build a more transparent and open economy.