Status is an organization building the tools and infrastructure for the advancement of a secure, private, and open web3. We have been completely distributed since inception. Our team is currently 100+ core contributors strong and welcomes a growing number of community members from all walks of life, scattered all around the globe. We care deeply about open source, and our organizational structure has a minimal hierarchy and no fixed work hours. We believe in working with a high degree of autonomy while supporting the organization's priorities.
A group of Status Contributors is also involved in a new community lead project, called Logos, and this particular role will enable you to also focus on this project. Logos is a grassroots movement to provide trust-minimized, corruption-resistant governing services and social institutions to underserved citizens.
Logos’ infrastructure will provide a base for the provisioning of the next-generation of governing services and social institutions - paving the way to economic opportunities for those who need them most, whilst respecting basic human rights through the network’s design.You can read more about Logos here: in this small handbook for mindful readers like yourself.
Who are we?
We are the Blockchain Infrastructure Team, and we are building the foundation used by other projects at the Status Network. We are researching consensus algorithms, Multi-Party Computation techniques, ZKPs and other cutting-edge solutions with the aim to take the blockchain technology to the next level of security, decentralization and scalability for a wide range of use cases. We are currently in a research phase, working with models and simulations. In the near future, we will start implementing the research. You will have the opportunity to participate in developing -and improving- the state of the art of blockchain technologies, as well as turning it into a reality.
- Develop and maintenance of internal rust libraries
- 1st month: comfortable with dev framework, simulation app. Improve python lib
- 2nd-3rd month: Start developing prototype node services
- “Extensive” Rust experience (Async programming is a must)
Ideally they have some GitHub projects to show
- Experience with Python
- Strong competency in developing and maintaining complex libraries or applications
- Experience in, and passion for, blockchain technology.
A strong alignment to our principles: https://status.im/about/#our-principles
Bonus points if
- Comfortable working remotely and asynchronously
- Experience working for an open source organization.
- Peer-to-peer or networking experience
[Don’t worry if you don’t meet all of these criteria, we’d still love to hear from you anyway if you think you’d be a great fit for this role!]
We are happy to pay in either 100% fiat or any mix of fiat and/or crypto. For more information regarding benefits at Status: https://people-ops.status.im/tag/perks/
The hiring process for this role will be:
- Interview with Maya (People Ops team)
- Interview with Corey (Logos Program Owner)
- Interview with Daniel (Engineering Lead)
- Interview with Jarrad (Cofounder)