About the jobCompany Description
Since we first opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely – and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take a payment and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together. So we expanded into software and started building integrated, omnichannel solutions – to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, run a busy kitchen, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. And across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow all in one place.
Today, we’re a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex commerce operations, sellers just starting out, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers scale, so do our solutions. We all grow together.
There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a business that is big, meaningful, and lasting. And we are helping sellers around the world do the same.
Our Sales organization is looking for an accomplished sales professional with experience selling B2B in order to help grow our footprint into strategic accounts. You have a passion for problem solving and helping businesses transform their approach to commerce. We are looking for someone who has experience in sales, business development, partnership building, and the ability to articulate complex systems to C-level executives.
This role is a Mid-Market Account Executive focused on selling into the highest revenue accounts that Square supports, and leading the company further upmarket. This role requires a great deal of cross functional collaboration and partnership in order to be successful. It also requires creativity and a desire to meet complex business requirements. Reporting in the Strategic Sales Leader based in the US, this role will can be based anywhere in Australia.
- Sell the Square platform into Mid-Market/ Enterprise Clients
- Build relationships with C-level executives (CFO, CIO, CTO, CMOs, and VPs)
- Oversee the sales cycle from prospect to close and partner with other teams to provide a smooth onboarding and positive client experience
- Be a creative, trusted advisor for both clients and internal partners
- Work with Payments, Product, and Marketing teams to channel the enterprise voice internally, impact product roadmaps, and ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market
- Excel at operating in a dynamic/ quickly changing environment
- Achieve and exceed bi-annual sales goals
- Travel periodically when required
- You have extensive experience in a similar Mid-Market Sales role
- An interest in being a relationship builder, collaborative partner, and dynamic project manager
- The ability to drive deals independently in a fast-paced environment
- Experience selling a complex ecosystem of SaaS or payments products and solutions to the C-suite of Mid-Market/ Enterprise Clients
- An ability to translate complex business concepts into concise and easy to understand conversations, and put structure to nebulous, unstructured problems
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, based solely on the core competencies required of the role at hand, and without regard to any legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
We want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources