About the job
Roll builds social token infrastructure and APIs to increase the GDP of the creator economy.
The future of the web is all about shared ownership. Roll is empowering new business models for creators where incentives are aligned with their communities.
Social tokens are branded digital currencies that represent a core piece of the next creator economy. Powered by blockchains such as Ethereum, social tokens enable creators with the ability to make a market that belongs to them and their audience without third-party intermediaries.
Roll is building the next generation of social token products to improve human economic connection across the internet, independent of any platform. Be part of a groundbreaking startup in Web3 space and join Roll at the vanguard of the revolution of a community-owned social web!
About the Role
We are looking for an experienced backend engineer to help build next generation of our products at Roll.
- Drive backend initiatives and rolling up your sleeves to help build out products with rest of our team while reporting to our VP of engineering.
- Have impact and unparalleled autonomy.
- Make significant contributions to our codebase while building and owning a significant piece of our architecture.
- Learn more than you can imagine about blockchain technology and cryptocurrency in the first 30 days here.
- Be involved in the product decisions that define our roadmap and impact how the world experiences and uses digital currency. We have no problem taking your ideas to the next level right away.
- Work with our multidisciplinary team of business strategists, blockchain developers, product designers and crypto-economic thinkers to establish and meet sprint commitments.
- Get to start projects from scratch, design, test, implement, ship it to users, get their direct feedback, and iterate from there.
- Solve diverse and complex engineering challenges. There’s a lot of opportunity to help shape the vision of the company.
We are looking for someone who has:
- 3+ years of experience in building highly scalable and performant systems on web/mobile and worked on core production backend systems.
- Sound knowledge of any modern backend web applications and frameworks in JS/Ruby/Python/Golang. Our backend is written in Golang. We don’t require you to have previous experience in Go, but expect you to pick it up quickly.
- Experience with best security and coding practices, design patterns, code reviews, unit tests, integration tests, and source control.
- Experience with building in a microservices architecture .
- Any devops experience especially with AWS.
- Experience writing web applications that communicate with third-party APIs.
- Experience using SQL or SQL-like databases.
Bonus (nice to have)
- Experience with smart contract development and web3.js.
- Experience with frontend frameworks like React/Angular/Vue.
Please send along your Github account or other code samples and/or a resume.
Roll is reaching an inflection point and the right engineering talent will help us unlock rapid growth over the next few years. We’ve closed our $10MM Series A(https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/roll-raises-10m-to-become-the-stripe-for-social-tokens-301387479.html) and are deeply dedicated to finding the right talent to take the company to the next level.
We are leading a shift from user-generated content to user-generated capital (https://messari.io/article/the-rise-of-user-generated-capital-bridging-the-creator-economy-and-decentralized-finance) with social tokens. If the category of social tokens excites you and you'd like to create products which will be used by thousands of creators and communities, we’d love to chat with you!