About CoW Protocol
CoW Protocol is on a mission to create the fairest and most efficient venue for exchanging assets on all EVM-compatible chains. Since launching a year ago, we have passed $15bn (yes, billion) in trade volume, and become the 4th most popular DEX Aggregator on the market -- now we're aiming for #1. If you are a high-performing team player who wants to work on some of the most important problems in Ethereum (MEV protection, batch auctions, and more), we want to talk to you!
Location: Onsite or remote
Position: Full-time contractor
About the role
CoW Protocol looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who will build and maintain CoW Protocol infrastructure. If you like implementing new things from the scratch and ensuring the high availability of systems and services this role is for you 🙂
The successful candidate will join a fast-paced, dynamic startup with significant traction and growth trajectory.
What you'll do
- Building and maintaining Kubernetes workloads
- Develop and maintain scalable, resilient cloud-based infrastructure using an Infrastructure as Code approach
- Modify and extend Terraform/CloudFormation/Pulumi configurations for managing AWS resources
- Driving CI/CD workflow standards and a DevOps culture across the wider team
- Maintain monitoring and alerting solutions for critical infrastructure
- Deploy and operate database clusters
- Contribute to platform architecture, design, and security
Blockchain Nodes: Nethermind, Erigon, and we use Dshackle as a load balancer
Who you are
- At 5 years of experience working as a DevOps engineer at a respected company
- Advanced knowledge and deep understanding of AWS
- Good at deploying, securing, and maintaining distributed systems
- Experience working with common open-source applications like Nginx, Prometheus, Grafana
- Have previously deployed and maintained a production-grade Kubernetes cluster
- Good understanding of Kubernetes, Docker, Linux
- Experience designing and implementing scripts for custom tooling
- Basic understanding of Blockchain and crypto
- Skilled in the English language, both written and verbal
What we can offer you
- Flexible work environment: join one of our hubs in Berlin or Lisbon or work remotely with the option of joining a local coworking space
- Regular trips to reunite with the rest of the team
- High level of autonomy, independency, and ownership
- Conference budget to keep up to date with the developments of the ecosystem
- Learning budget to support your higher ambitions
- Work alongside the biggest projects and names of the space
- Impact: you are joining a startup where you can make a huge difference. Your work matters!
- But most importantly - grow with us! We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do****
Life in CoW Protocol is an amazing journey, we pride ourselves on the way we work together. We like autonomy, we think big, and have a growth mindset. We value initiatives and ownership. Our work is open source, designed code is publicly accessible - anyone can see, modify, and distribute the code as they see fit.
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other folks tend to only apply when they check every box. If you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We would love to hear from you.
We look forward to your application!
At CoW Protocol, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.