Gala Games was founded with one goal in mind: to give power back to the gamers.
Our values are based on openness and ownership and the ability to deliver games, experiences, and opportunities to people across the world.
We are breaking down barriers to bring our gaming community joy, entertainment, and real-world value. At Gala Games, we work remotely and flexibly, we like each other, and we love getting things done.
Working at Gala Games, you’ll think and make things that are new and exciting. Through your talents and efforts, you will improve the lives of gamers in the real world.
We are currently looking for a Senior Gameplay Engineer to join The Walking Dead Empires. The ideal candidate must have experience in commercial game development with expertise for pioneering game play systems. Must have a creative and hands-on attitude amplified by an entrepreneurial spirit for technical excellence. This is a fantastic opportunity to change the play-to earn blockchain gaming space on our TWDE team with your hands-on skills and energy.
- Work with other engineers and design to implement various aspects of the game, from AI to UI and anything in between.
- Translate requirements into complicated but clean and efficient code.
- Produce prototypes of gameplay ideas and features.
- Develop schedules and determine milestones.
- Be involved in the process of creating technical design and technical architecture of the game and single features.
- Detection, identification and resolution and document technical specifications.
- Propose sensible code refactoring and reduce technical debt.
- “Polish” the game, maintain code, fix bugs and iron out any problems.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
- Hands-on experience with Unity and C# and other programming languages.
- Expertise in the development of new games with 1 or more shipped titles.
- Up-to-date with the latest gaming trends, techniques, best practices and technologies.
- Expert level programming skills.
- US pacific time zone required (margins of flexibility within 3-4 hours).
- Positive and articulate communication and interpersonal skills both spoken and written.
- Brilliant imagination complimented by reliability and execution.
- Self-motivated, stellar work ethic, fun collaborator.
- Excited by problem-solving.
Nice-to-Have Skills and Qualifications
- Network programming (experience writing Client and Server code).
- Interest in full stack development, including UI/UX through backend.
- An appreciation of TWD universe, it’s cast, and passion for gore/walkers and visual design of the show from AMC.
- Strong passion for game art, versatility to create art outside main discipline.
- Comfortable with working remotely on a full-time basis.
Gala Games is an equal opportunity employer and adopts a zero-tolerance approach to discrimination.
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all current and prospective employees regardless of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender identity, or marriage and civil partnership.
We aspire to have a diverse workforce because, in our view, diversity enables better business outcomes. We also believe that a more inclusive workplace, where people of different backgrounds work together, ensures better outcomes for all staff. From application to interview, we place inclusion at the heart of all we do.
- Competitive Salary (Location Dependent)
- Flexible Working Hours
- Unlimited PTO
- Fully Remote and Location Independence
- US Based Employees (Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance)
- Paid Parental Leave
If you have the experience and the drive to join our team then please submit a resume and cover letter by clicking the apply button below!