About the jobAbout Kraken
As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
To ensure Kraken is the right fit for you, please ensure you read Kraken Culture Explained to find out more about us!
About The Role
We’re looking for exceptional Senior Frontend Engineers to work on our React Native based mobile applications. You’ll be joining a fully remote team within the Kraken Engineering department and your success on this team will be measured by your contributions to its pursuit of perfection both from a product feature and engineering architecture perspective, thus a strong team player mindset is required.
Senior Software Engineer is the first inflection point where leadership starts to feature as a defining requirement: Your job is no longer only to get things done; it’s to guide others to help them deliver value, too. You should have a significant amount of professional experience within the industry and a demonstrable history of shipping large projects that have a significant impact to the business during your tenure at other companies. At this level, your total mastery of foundational computer and software engineering concepts is a given and experience mentoring more junior engineers and pitching in on interviewing is a must. Senior Software Engineer is the first level where we expect you to do more than merely complete the work assigned to you: At Senior Software Engineer, you should start to create your work by understanding the problems your team faces and proposing, implementing, and delivering solutions to them. You should deeply understand all technologies used by the team, you will own the production operation and monitoring of the systems within your domain, mentors others to accelerate their career-growth, adjusts the team processes by listening to feedback and guiding the team through the changes whilst regularly making an impact on your whole team.
- Building mobile applications on iOS and Android devices
- Ensuring the code written is scalable, reusable and works well across multiple applications inside our repository
- Coordinating with teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure
- Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required
- 6+ years of professional experience working with React Native
- 6+ years of professional software development experience
- Excellent knowledge of React Native and React
- Excellent knowledge of modern state management libraries (Flux pattern)
- Experience both with REST and WebSocket based web services
- Experience building framework and platform agnostic packages
- Experience working on either large complex enterprise level systems or proven ability to build a greenfield product from start to finish
- Willingness to take extreme ownership over your work
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Forensic attention to detail
- You’re passionate about software development... it’s not just your career, it’s your hobby
- You’re constantly striving to learn new things and improve
- You follow industry news, regularly tinker with new technologies, and read books and blogs to keep your skills current
- 6+ years of full-time engineering experience within a large technology organization or fast growing startup
- Have led multiple high profile projects within your previous positions successfully
- Experience working with GraphQL, RESTful APIs and WebSockets
- Experience working with multi-threaded code architectures (WebWorkers)
- Experience both mentoring junior engineers and interviewing for Software Engineers
- Deep understanding of the cryptocurrency industry and a vision of what direction its heading in
- Knowledge of Swift and/or Java/Kotlin
- Knowledge of Rust
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background. We encourage you to apply for roles where you don't fully meet the listed requirements, especially if you're passionate or knowledgable about crypto!
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Kraken Culture Explained
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn