Your future company: Parity
Parity is one of the world's most experienced core blockchain infrastructure companies, having built and pioneered some of the most advanced technologies in the blockchain sector. Parity was founded by Dr. Gavin Wood, co-founder and former CTO of Ethereum, the primary engineer behind the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), inventor of the Solidity programming language, and primary author of the Ethereum Yellowpaper.
Based in Berlin, London, and Lisbon with over 340 employees worldwide, Parity has built clients for Ethereum, Bitcoin, and Zcash and has pioneered a completely new, next-generation blockchain protocol with Polkadot and the framework it’s built with, Substrate. Parity builds the open-source technologies needed to power an unstoppable, decentralised web—known as Web3—and helps developers and organisations implement and build upon the Web3 tech stack.
Your future team: Org Strategy
Org Strategy is a small team that works closely with many departments, such as Engineering, People, Recruiting, and Ops. Our vision is to attract and retain the smartest people in the world to build the future of the decentralised web. Our projects range from developing and implementing internal culture to positioning Parity as the future of work, organising educational initiatives, improving internal communication, and much more. We have big hairy audacious goals, and we need your vision and skills to make them happen!
How you’ll make an impact
- You’ll be the mastermind behind positioning Parity and growing our visibility. You know how to develop, communicate, and promote our unique culture to get people excited, media intrigued, and competitors taking notes.
- You’ll develop fresh, out-of-the-box ideas that build and scale brand awareness. As Web3 calls for different approaches, you’re able to experiment with new tactics instead of relying on the same old Web2 strategies.
- You’ll implement our brand culture internally using strategies that make people engaged, aligned, and excited.
- You’ll dive into our tech and culture to represent Parity in communities and at events. By sharing your thought leadership on the future of work, you’ll also build/grow your personal brand in the Web3 space.
- You’ll set up knowledge-sharing and collaboration processes between all relevant departments so we can all work more effectively together.
What we’d like to see in you
- 7+ years of experience in roles that evolve around (employer) branding/experience, brand positioning, growth hacking, and similar fields.
- Web3 participation (professionally or through side projects, DAOs, etc.)
- Doer mentality: You’re proactive, execute on tasks on time and work transparently.
- Clear, well-intentioned communicator that can liaise with different stakeholders.
- Growth mindset: You’re not relying on “what has always worked” and are able to develop and adapt your approach to get the results we’re striving for.
- Ability to adapt quickly and understand complex topics.
- Comfortable being on stage sharing expertise and thoughts.
- A “keep calm and carry on” mentality to navigate the fast-paced world that’s Web3.
- Enthusiasm for Parity’s mission and interest in actively learning about Polkadot, Substrate, and Kusama.
- Genuine interest in joining our collective, forming relationships, and evolving within the Polkadot ecosystem in the long haul.
- Understanding of the Web3 audience we’re looking to attract and retain.
- Full-time availability with prioritisation over any side projects (e.g. freelance gigs, DAO).
- Experience with working remotely. You can work from any time zone at Parity.
What you can expect in return
- A global work environment that’s collaborative, fast-paced, and self-initiating — perfect for doers who want to envision ideas and execute on them rapidly.
- A culture where efforts and initiatives are noticed and rewarded, and your career goals are taken seriously. We’re focused on talent, not titles.
- Teammates that are genuinely excited about their job, impact, and Parity’s mission.
- Fast learning curve: You’ll gain new skills and learn new knowledge constantly.
- Tasks that energise you and are adaptable based on your interests.
- Opportunity to learn on the job, with access to some of the brightest minds in Web3.
- Plenty of educational initiatives such as internal sessions, AMAs, hackathons, etc.
- A long-term career path with lots of opportunities to grow within Parity or the wider ecosystem.
- Competitive remuneration packages, including tokens (where legally possible), based on iterative market research.
- Work from home or co-work in our office hubs in Berlin, London, or Lisbon.
- Frequent company and team retreats to connect with colleagues in real life.
- Generous yearly development budget and work tech for employees. Contractors get the same perks, but compensated as additional salary to spend on your own.
To see how we use your data please see our Applicant Notice.