About the jobBe a Part of Something Big
At Alto, we're changing the way people invest for the future.
For too long, only the ultra-wealthy could afford to benefit from alternative investments, and that meant a lot of missed opportunities for everyday investors. Alto was founded on the belief that a diversified portfolio is essential to investing for the future, and that's only possible if everyone can invest in the assets they're truly interested in.
So we created a solution that allows ordinary people to invest their tax-advantaged retirement funds into non-traditional assets, like real estate, startups, securitized artworks, cryptocurrency, and more.
By joining Alto's growing team, you'll be helping to make our mission a reality. And you'll work with some truly unique people who are passionate about what they do. We're also pretty big on celebrating individuality—after all, one of our core values is "you do you." And we actually live it. Really.
As a Senior Product Designer on the Crypto team, you will solve complex problems that span across the CryptoIRA experience. In this role, you will be an essential member of our product delivery team - responsible for owning and shipping end-to-end experiences that our users love.
As a member of a small but mighty team, you will be responsible for designing, testing and validating a best-in-class product experience. The role demands systems thinking, great execution, an obsession with quality, and a desire to own and solve problems. You will have the opportunity to impact our design framework, process, and the way that we work and collaborate with one another. This role reports to the Director, Product Design.
Alto is based in Nashville TN. This is a remote role.
- Partner closely with Product and Engineering to drive product strategy and design experiences that our users love
- Own the end-to-end user journey and all aspects of design execution from ideation and prototyping to user testing to interaction models and UI specifications.
- Collaborate with other designers to maintain design consistency and coherence across features and platforms
- Design cross-platform experiences that are simple and intuitive (web and native applications)
- Inform and contribute to the Alto design system
- Relentlessly advocate for the user throughout the design process
- Act as project lead, leading numerous work streams within the Crypto team
- Passion for building best-in-class products
- You have 4-8 years of product design or UX experience and experience designing SaaS products and mobile applications
- You can translate complex problems into visually stunning user experiences with delightful interactions/animations that include UX/UI best practices
- You are practical and outcome-oriented to impact the user experience over both the short and long term
- You can effectively write compelling UX copy so users can easily navigate through an application and achieve their goals
- Fluency in Figma and effective prototyping skills
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with engineers, user researchers, and product teams
- Emotionally intelligent, hyper collaborative and open minded
- Interest in financial products, crypto or trading
- Motion, animation or illustration experience
- A generous open PTO policy
- Comprehensive health insurance options for employees
- 401(k) with company match up to 3% yearly
- Equity as a part of your compensation
- A competitive compensation and benefits package
- 12 paid holidays
- Discounted and/or free Alto investor accounts
- Four to 12 weeks paid parental leave
- A remote-first culture - work from home or our Nashville office
- Flexibility to work from anywhere in the US
- An emphasis on work-life balance
- No-meeting Fridays
Alto is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination of Any Kind
Alto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Alto are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Alto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Alto encourages applicants of all ages.
Founded in 2015, AltoIRA aka Alto is a rapidly growing fintech startup based in Nashville, TN. At Alto, we’re building a next-generation platform to provide clients with the tools and opportunities they need to invest retirement funds into alternative assets. We’re empowering everyone to invest in what they choose and supporting their desire to take a more active role in shaping their financial future. The Alto platform streamlines the process for individual investors and advisors to access, research, and invest in alternative assets using retirement funds. It connects investors with private companies, fund managers, and over 50 recognized investment platforms, including Coinbase, Republic, Masterworks, and EquityZen, that offer access to a wide range of alternative assets, including startups, shares in artwork, real estate, cryptocurrency, and more.