About the jobCompany Description
Since we opened our doors in 2009, the world of commerce has evolved immensely, and so has Square. After enabling anyone to take payments and never miss a sale, we saw sellers stymied by disparate, outmoded products and tools that wouldn’t work together.
To solve this problem, we expanded into software and built integrated solutions to help sellers sell online, manage inventory, book appointments, engage loyal buyers, and hire and pay staff. Across it all, we’ve embedded financial services tools at the point of sale, so merchants can access a business loan and manage their cash flow in one place. Afterpay furthers our goal to provide omnichannel tools that unlock meaningful value and growth, enabling sellers to capture the next generation shopper, increase order sizes, and compete at a larger scale.
Today, we are a partner to sellers of all sizes – large, enterprise-scale businesses with complex operations, sellers just starting, as well as merchants who began selling with Square and have grown larger over time. As our sellers grow, so do our solutions. There is a massive opportunity in front of us. We’re building a significant, meaningful, and lasting business, and we are helping sellers worldwide do the same.
We are looking for a strategic product marketer to drive and execute meaningful growth initiatives for Franchise customers through the growth of Franchise Suite, our purpose-built toolset for this market segment, and the Square product portfolio. As the Franchise PMM, you will help transition the GoParrot product suite (www.goparrot.ai/) which was acquired in 2022 (squareup.com/us/en/press/square-acquires-goparrot) into a full-fledged Square portfolio product and champion the franchise customer.
You have an understanding of product strategy, market segmentation, marketing execution, and sales enablement. We are looking for someone who has experience across the full acquisition funnel and product lifecycle, and is an excellent cross-functional collaborator. Reporting to the PMM Lead, the Franchise Suite PMM will help define and drive marketing strategies to grow the Franchise Suite customer base globally.
- Use surveys, customer interviews, and quantitative usage analyses to identify target customers and growth opportunities, and to define how Franchise Suite can meet distinct customer needs
- Partner with Product Management, Design and Engineering to determine the product strategy and feature roadmap within Franchise Suite and other product teams like Square for Restaurants to support franchisors and franchisees
- Be the expert in Franchise Suite's product positioning, value propositions, and foundational messaging to be used in product development and marketing assets
- Lead a global go-to-market plan, ensuring all customer-facing teams are on-message and maximizing each channel, particularly sales
- Develop and implement data-driven lifecycle marketing strategies to promote product growth and retention
- Track marketing program performance and improve through continuous testing
- Keep a pulse on competitors, helping our teams stay up to speed on the latest industry trends
- 8+ years of professional experience with a Bachelor's degree, or 5+ years of professional experience with a Masters degree. Relevant experience includes product marketing, strategy / management consulting, brand management, e-commerce or related fields.
- Experience working with product management, engineering, analytics and design to scale products
- An understanding of product strategy, pricing and go-to-market planning
- Ample experience working with and influencing partners
- Empathy for our customers' pain points and a genuine interest in and curiosity in helping small businesses succeed
- Deep analytical competence and ability to use data to build and present business cases
- A background in B2B marketing, preferably at a high-growth SaaS company
Block takes a market-based approach to pay, and pay may vary depending on your location. U.S. locations are categorized into one of four zones based on a cost of labor index for that geographic area. The successful candidate’s starting pay will be determined based on job-related skills, experience, qualifications, work location, and market conditions. These ranges may be modified in the future.
Zone A: USD $184,100 - USD $225,000
Zone B: USD $171,200 - USD $209,200
Zone C: USD $162,000 - USD $198,000
Zone D: USD $152,700 - USD $186,700
To find a location’s zone designation, please refer to this resource. If a location of interest is not listed, please speak with a recruiter for additional information.
Benefits Include The Following
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans including company match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness programs, including access to mental health, 1:1 financial planners, and a monthly wellness allowance
- Paid parental and caregiving leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
- Paid Life insurance, AD&D. and disability benefits
- Perks such as WFH reimbursements and free access to caregiving, legal, and discounted resources
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Block is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible. Want to learn more about what we’re doing to build a workplace that is fair and square? Check out our I+D page.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, assessing candidates in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Block, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) is a global technology company with a focus on financial services. Made up of Square, Cash App, Spiral, TIDAL, and TBD, we build tools to help more people access the economy. Square helps sellers run and grow their businesses with its integrated ecosystem of commerce solutions, business software, and banking services. With Cash App, anyone can easily send, spend, or invest their money in stocks or Bitcoin. Spiral (formerly Square Crypto) builds and funds free, open-source Bitcoin projects. Artists use TIDAL to help them succeed as entrepreneurs and connect more deeply with fans. TBD is building an open developer platform to make it easier to access Bitcoin and other blockchain technologies without having to go through an institution.