About the jobBlockchain.com is the world's leading software platform for digital assets. Offering the largest production blockchain platform in the world, we share the passion to code, create, and ultimately build an open, accessible and fair financial future, one piece of software at a time.
We are looking for an outstanding compliance operations professional to join our Compliance Operations team as a Senior SAR Analyst. In this role, you will work closely with the MLRO and across the global compliance team in the company to provide support on compliance and regulatory matters focusing on financial crimes compliance. We are looking for a highly motivated, adaptable and collaborative person who can handle ambiguity and enjoys building. If you have experience in a fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to be a member of an innovative compliance team in the crypto currency space, this is the perfect opportunity for you!
The Senior SAR Analyst supports the Compliance program for Blockchain’s EU and Rest of the World operations, which focuses on financial crime compliance (e.g., SAR drafting, CTR reporting, QA) and also includes other compliance requirements (e.g., regulators’ requests, governance, etc.).
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Support in driving SAR reporting team and ensure the team meets up reporting targets
- Manage the inbound and outbound backlog of work and requests between Compliance and Financial Crime Investigation Service (FCIS/FNTT)
- Conduct a review of prepared material about detected transaction monitoring alerts for incoming and outgoing transactions
- Support in drafting Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Report suspicious financial activity to the authorities
- Follow up on reporting of Currency Transaction Reporting (CTRs) to the authorities
- Liaise with official authorities for their investigations, support in preparing the responses to authorities
- Establish Quality Assurance program and provide Quality Assurance reviews on other team member’s work
- Advise on process and technology improvements related to transaction monitoring, reporting to FCIS
- Respond and remediate issues identified by the Compliance, Support, Risk, and Onboarding teams within Blockchain.com
- Address ad hoc projects or requests under the Head of Compliance Operations’ guidance
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- The foremost quality for this position or any position at Blockchain.com is integrity
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in compliance, financial crimes, and operations at a regulated financial institution or consultancy
- Minimum of 2 years of team and people management experience
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and guidance of transaction monitoring and related processes (e.g., LT AML legislation and regulations in EU)
- Experience in AML, or from an operational team where AML is a part of your day to day activities
- Experience with process design and improvement, with a focus on target state vision
- Excellent written and verbal communication in Lithuanian and English, perfect organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical skills, ability to identify, escalate and communicate issues to management in an effective and professional manner
- Intermediate MS Excel / Google spreadsheet, MS Word skills are mandatory
- Ability to work independently and in a team set up, perfect organizational and time management skills
- Professional experience with FinTechs/cryptocurrencies is advantageous but not required
- Professional experience with transaction monitoring is advantageous but not required
COMPENSATION & PERKS
- Unlimited vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it.
- Unlimited books policy; order the technical resources you need or simply pick something up from our company library.
- Apple equipment.
- Excellent career progression opportunities in a fast-paced company
- Learning and development opportunities in other areas than AML and KYC in the future
- Full-time salary based on experience and meaningful equity in an industry-leading company.
- This job is located in Lithuania, but you can work remotely.
Depending on skill set and experience, the salary for this role starts at 30,600 EUR per year
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by one or more of the following subsidiaries of Blockchain Luxembourg S.A (each, a “Controller”):
- Blockchain Access UK Ltd.
- Blockchain (GB) Limited
- Blockchain (US), Inc.
- Blockchain (LT), UAB
You may contact our Data Protection Officer by email at [email protected] Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under the standard contractual clauses.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have the right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.