Bittrex, the leading blockchain technology provider and cryptocurrency exchange, is hiring! We are looking for a Senior Security Engineer focused on a wide breadth of security functions and challenges across Bittrex. This high-impact, autonomous role executes an incident response program, acts as a guardian of network and endpoint security, and helps drive security issues across the organization to resolution.
The successful candidate will have a good mix of deep technical knowledge and a demonstrated background in information security. We value broad and deep technical knowledge, specifically in the fields of cryptography, network security, software security, malware analysis, forensics, security operations, incident response, and emergent security intelligence. If this sounds like you, we would love to have you join our rapidly growing team.
When you work at Bittrex, you will find compelling work, worthwhile professional development, outstanding benefits, and the opportunity to make a difference. We believe that we can build an inclusive environment founded on empathy, respect, and equality to create great experiences for our diverse and global customers. This is a fully remote role.
- Respond to security incidents, and proactively consider how to prevent the same type of incidents from occurring in the future.
- Manage the security monitoring platform and respond to network and endpoint security events.
- Run forensics on Windows, Mac and iOS devices.
- Work with application security to provide relevant guidance to the development team and manage their risks until resolution.
- Recognize, adopt and install the best practices in security engineering fields throughout the organization: leadership, development, support, network infrastructure, policy and compliance and PR.
- Communicate effectively at multiple levels of sensitivity, and multiple audiences.
- Participate in on-call rotation one week per month
- 6+ years of professional security engineering experience with a focus in areas such as systems, network, and/or application security.
- 3+ years of experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience coordinating responses to security incidents.
- 3+ years of experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Services
- In-depth understanding of endpoint and network security for Windows and Linux
- Understanding of SIEM and endpoint protection technologies and able to operate monitoring systems
Greater consideration will be given to those applicants who:
- Can run in-depth forensics on multiple platforms.
- Understand a wide range of blockchain technologies.
Benefits at Bittrex:
- Flex office space & Fully remote roles
- Unlimited PTO
- 401(k) participating with employer match
- Top of the line health coverage
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Education and home office stipends
Established in 2014, Bittrex is a U.S. based cryptocurrency Exchange with a long-standing reputation for industry-leading security, world-class compliance, innovative products, and state-of-the-art trading and technology infrastructure.
With lightning-fast trades, dependable digital wallets, and trusted security, our goal is to operate a world class cryptocurrency exchange with a focus on security and trust.
We invite you along on our journey to advance the blockchain industry by fostering innovation, incubating new and emerging technologies, and driving transformative change.
Bittrex is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Bittrex is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.