About the jobA Bit About Us
Immutable is a global technology company, powering the world of NFTs on Ethereum. We are on a mission to be the number one ecosystem for NFTs which empowers and rewards users. Founded in 2018, Immutable is one of Australia's fastest-growing startups to hit unicorn status, having raised more than AUD $300M+ and valued at AUD $3.5 billion.
Currently, the Immutable Group consists of Immutable X and the Game Studio. Immutable X is the first and leading Layer 2 scaling solution for NFTs on Ethereum, with zero gas fees & is 100% carbon neutral. The Immutable Studio creates games on blockchain technologies to allow for true, digital ownership; including the world's first NFT trading-card game, Gods Unchained, and Guild of Guardians.
It is our ambition to make digital worlds real; we have incredible global growth plans as we strive to become the number one ecosystem for NFTs.
Come and join us as we pioneer in this space!
A Bit About The Role
As Immutable grows, we are building a dedicated security function to ensure our technology is secure and our customers are protected. We are seeking experienced Security Engineers to join the team!
You will be responsible for maturing and defining processes for development teams to improve overall code security in the SDLC. You will be joining a brand new team which is working to carve out the security practices and processes for the Immutable X platform. This is not only an opportunity to work in a new, expanding and exciting space to build a secure product for one company, but a more secure future for digital asset ownership in general.
You Will Have The Opportunity To
- Work in securing a new asset class - an opportunity to invent new security techniques for our context
- Coach and educate engineering teams on application security best practices.
- Automate security controls, monitoring and reporting.
- Conduct security assessments of networks, systems and applications.
- Review and recommend technical and non-technical improvements to system and network security controls.
- Work in a high-growth startup where your choices will have a big impact on not just our internal teams but also our user base
- Be an evangelist and promote awareness of our security products and ethos to others
We Would Love You To Have
- Experience working in Security Operations OR App Security.
- Deep knowledge of security best practices and how to roll them out in a live environment.
- Extensive security experience working in a product-driven company or a start-up/scale-up environment
- AWS experience
- The ability to effectively communicate with both engineers and non-engineers.
- An interest / enthusiasm for the web3 / blockchain space. Blockchain experience is a bonus!
We are proud of the benefits that we offer for all of our employees globally. Here is a snapshot:
Attracting The Best Global Talent
💸We commit to paying globally competitive salaries and contributions & we share our products' success through Employee Stock Options. We also support our US Employees with Medical and 401K Insurance
💻 While we offer flexible working arrangements, we have an epic head office in the heart of Sydney and offer remote office hubs around the globe via a WeWork all-access pass
📲We offer AUD $750 WFH allowance to set up your home office and AUD $900 per annum to put toward your internet and phone usage.
Levelling up your growth
🌱 We offer up to AUD $2,000 per annum for any classes, courses or events to support your growth and development
📚 Enjoy access to free online courses via Udemy
Helping you thrive
💆🏽♀️ Enjoy $1200 per year to put toward your health and wellbeing
🤗 Get 24/7 access to unlimited counselling for you and your family when you need it through our EAP Service
🎁 Get premium access to mindfulness resources, online fitness classes and discounts at major retailers through Perkbox
Leave When You Need It The Most
👨👧👦New parents receive 12 weeks of paid leave in our gender-neutral offer. The birthing parent also gets an additional six weeks of leave for rest and recovery leading up to and after birth. We also offer Miscarriage Leave and extra leave for IVF treatments
🎂 Enjoy 2 additional paid annual leave days at the end of the year and a paid day off for your birthday
Immutable is committed to building and fostering an inclusive, diverse workplace. We believe in incorporating everyone's perspectives and experiences as this has been a significant driver of our success so far. For this reason, we strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to get in touch. Even if you don't meet all the job listing requirements, do yourself (and us) a favour by still applying! You'll likely bring something to the workplace that we haven't thought of yet, and we would love to hear from you.
We are a 2022 Circle Back Initiative Employer – we commit to responding to every applicant.
- A note to recruitment agencies: Our internal team has this role covered so no need to reach out - We don't accept unsolicited agency resumes and are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you!