About the job
⚡ Senior Security Manager
Series B Blockchain Security firm ($60M in funding)
We are currently partnering with a fast-growing blockchain security firm that specializes in leveraging best-in-class AI technology to protect and monitor blockchain protocols and smart contracts.
We are seeking a Security Engineering Manager to lead a security engineering team. Intersecting cybersecurity and blockchain, the firm's security offerings include security consulting, security reviews, security auditing of smart contracts and blockchains, verification of smart contracts, penetration testing, and more. This role requires strong/ hands-on technical expertise along with excellent leadership skills. You will play a meaningful role in growing and developing security engineers into a healthy and high-performing team, continuously improving our security engineering practices, and delivering state-of-the-art technology. As a result, you will have a direct and measurable impact on the future growth of the firm.
- Ensure that the security engineering team is adequately resourced, developed, and equipped to meet business needs
- Provide technical leadership and oversee planning and control process in the security engineering team
- Coach, mentor, and lead team members; facilitate best practice sharing within the team
- Keep track of blockchain security technology development and lead a team to develop needed tools and software for our security products and services.
- Cultivate a healthy, collaborative engineering culture that’s in line with our values
- Initiate and drive continuous improvement activities; Develop, implement and improve relevant processes, policies, and procedures to improve effectiveness across the security engineering function
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, information security, or related disciplines
- At least 3 years of experience in the blockchain smart contract development and have strong interests in software security, or at least 5 years of software development experience in cyber security or backband
- At least 3 years of recent experience leading an engineering team
- Experienced in threat and vulnerability management, penetration testing, and SecOps (intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics)
- Successful track record of building high-performing, healthy, and sustainable teams that addressed increasingly complex technical and organizational challenges
- Have a passion for Solidity, a deep understanding of the Ethereum Virtual Machine (EVM), distributed computing, and security
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment
- Experience working in a tech start-up or scale-up
- Passionate about Cryptocurrency/Defi/Blockchain
- Experience in Rust
- · Remote
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Opportunity to grow with a well-funded, fast-growing startup.