About the jobCircle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 43+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
Engineering at Circle:
In 2020, Circle unveiled Circle APIs: a set of solutions and smarter technology to help businesses accept payments in a more global, scalable and efficient alternative to traditional banking rails (spoiler: we're using USD Coin under the hood).
In 2021, Circle launched Circle Yield, Circle Account, and Verite to help our users earn, manage, and secure their funds. We built foundational industry partnerships which grew USDC market cap by 10x+. To broaden the utility of USDC, we also added support for digital dollars on 6 new blockchains: SOL, XLM, HBAR, TRX, AVAX, FLOW.
Over the next year, we will continue to grow USD Coin and the Circle API platform to become the #1 US dollar stablecoin of the world by building, scaling and partnering with both web2 and web3 ecosystems. Expect to see product announcements and launches for L1, L2, DEFI, and Identity solutions!
If you’re data-driven, interested in building something meaningful and would love to work in an entrepreneurial environment, we can’t wait to hear from you.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
Senior Software Engineer (III)
Staff Software Engineer (IV)
Senior Staff Software Engineer (V)
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Senior Software Engineer on the Circle Platform Services team, you will lead teams technically to build scalable microservices that are responsible for reliable and secure APIs that transfer value & assets across all blockchain protocols (think Bitcoin and Ethereum, for example) as well as traditional banking protocols (think credit cards, bank transfers etc).
What you'll work on:
- Challenging (and fun!) problems centered around digital currencies & their adoption. Did we mention that Circle launched a “programmable dollar” called USD Coin (or USDC)?
- Collaborating with our Product and Engineering teams to design, develop, test and ship phenomenal Circle features
- Building publicly accessible APIs that make it simple for developers to integrate with complex payment systems.
- Integrating Platform Services with leading banks & financial technologies to allow an ever greater number of Circle customers access to fast, secure & low cost payment channels.
- Writing the infrastructure to deliver great payment experiences, including data sources (SQL or NoSQL), messaging systems and APIs
- Extending Circle’s in-house blockchain systems infrastructure to support the tokenization of the world.
Senior Software Engineer (III)
- 4+ years of professional software development experience (including internships) in object oriented languages like Java and Go.
- Led teams (2-4) technically on architecture and system design.
- Experience payment systems like credit cards and bank transfers.
- A broad understanding of API design and REST principles.
- Experience with Cloud Services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc).
- Experience with SQL databases and designing schemas.
- Experience in the deployment of production-quality, scalable software.
- A focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery.
- Excellent communication skills, able to collaborate with remote teams, share ideas and present concepts effectively.
- Self-starter, you enjoy moving at a fast pace, shipping software that improves the user experience and constantly improving your work with little supervision.
All the requirements of a Senior Software Engineer and:
- 7+ years of professional software development experience in object oriented languages like Java and Go.
- Led teams (>5) technically on architecture and system design.
- Expert in one of the domains of API design, payments processing, risk/fraud detection, data engineering, machine learning, or blockchains.
- Deep understanding/experience with:
- API design and REST principles,
- Cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure, etc)
- Container orchestration systems like Kubernetes or EKS, ECS
- SQL databases and designing schemas
- Deployment of production-quality, scalable software
- Deep focus on coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery.
All the requirements of a Staff Software Engineer and:
- 10+ years of professional software development experience in object oriented languages like Java and Go.
- Cross-functional partnership to align teams with external stakeholders.
- A champion on setting coding standards and code quality -- a desire to have great test coverage to enable continuous delivery.